New 22.5 WSM and I smoked a pig and a butt!

Looks like I revived this thread from the thread that Brad put up about whether to buy a 18 or a 22. This is the reason why I purchased the 22 last year. I can't wait to try this out. It must take a long time took, how long do you guys think it will take?

Hey Fellas,

Hope everyone is doing well. Just ran across this post and it sure did bring back good memories. Good times! So has anyone tried this yet? Any pictures of your experiences? I'm thinking of doing it again soon. I will keep you posted.

Take Care,

Mauricio

I also missed this one. I was off the board for a while and I'm glad I see this. Never done it but I planned on hitting arthur ave here in the bronx to see if I can get one around 15lbs but as I see you fit a 30lber on there, that's great to know.

I know this post is a long time ago at this point but how long and what temp did you smoke it at?

Chuck_B,

If I remember correctly I kept this one in the range between 200 F to 250 F for 10 - 12 hours overnight. We started it a 12 midninght and let it smoke through the night and into the morning near noon time. It was my first smoke so I wasn't wise to take too many notes. I just remember being nervous about over smoking it and and drying it out.

Amazingly I pulled it off.
icon_smile.gif
Woohoooo!

I smoked a brisket this past Thursday....mmmmm..I love my WSM!

Mauricio

holy crap when i read the thread name i thought yeah right, but congratz you really smoked a pig.

Back