NEW: 2013 Weber 1431001 Performer Gold Charcoal Grill

Chris Allingham

Administrator
Staff member
Here's the 2013 Weber 1431001 Performer Gold Charcoal Grill, listed at Amazon for $307. Also available in Green and Dark Blue.

• 22.5-inch diameter porcelain-enameled bowl and lid with a cooking area of 363 square inch
  • Plated steel hinged cooking grate
  • Aluminized steel One-Touch cleaning system with removable, high-capacity, aluminum ash catcher
  • Removable LCD cook timer and built-in lid thermometer
  • Assembled dimensions are 40-inch by 50.25-inch by 28.5-inch

This versatile charcoal grill with convenience features avid charcoal grillers want, now adds a removable cook timer to the list of practical and useful extras. The LCD countdown cook timer includes a large readout and can attach to the grill or be easily removed if you’d prefer to take it inside or keep it with you. The grill also features the classic porcelain-enameled bowl and lid with a One-Touch Cleaning system and high capacity ash catcher that makes clean up hassle free. Storage options are plentiful with the CharBin storage container which protects your charcoal from the elements and the built-in Thermoset work table that provides a great work surface for preparing your next grilled masterpiece. Also features a wire bottom shelf, no-rust aluminum vent and a glass-reinforced nylon lid handle.

Saw this grill at Orchard Supply Hardware last night. Here are some photos.

Regards,
Chris

IMG_0861_zps1449808f.jpg

IMG_0862_zpsa79cf751.jpg

IMG_0863_zps0c4b0d89.jpg

IMG_0864_zps31f1898b.jpg

IMG_0865_zps95ad2c1e.jpg

OK

What is the difference between a gold and platinum? I don't see any difference at all.

Interesting thing is that on amazon the gold is $42 less

ETA: nevermind I see now, no gas assist on the gold

Last edited:
Looking at the lid in the pic i wish weber would mount the temperature on the right side of the handle.

OK

What is the difference between a gold and platinum? I don't see any difference at all.

Interesting thing is that on amazon the gold is $42 less

ETA: nevermind I see now, no gas assist on the gold

I see, they have dropped the Plantinum One-Touch and expanded the Performer Series to three models.

I can see where the timer would help me especially after too many soda pops and I forget how long the meats been on.:cool:

I see, they have dropped the Plantinum One-Touch and expanded the Performer Series to three models.

It's really no big surprise that the OTG Platinum Grill has been discontinued. That grill was not a big seller for Weber and it was overpriced as well. The beginning of the end for it began when Weber introduced the non-gas assist version of the Performer about a year and a half ago. The fact that you could get that version of the Performer for about $30 more than what the OTG Platinum cost pretty much sealed its fate.......

Seems like the Silver version of the Performer is the one that has replaced the OTG Platinum for the most part. I think the Performer Silver will be a big seller for Weber as that grill will appeal to those who don't have much in the way of patio/deck space. If I were looking for a new OTG kettle, I'd give serious consideration to the Performer Silver.

As lack of deck space is not a factor for me, I'll be getting the Performer Platinum grill sometime later this spring :)

You know the sturdy frame of the OTP would be an excellent under the 26.75 considering they already have the tooling. Most of the complaints about the 26 either deal with the legs or the large lid and burns to the underarm. The OTP could solve both those issues.

Back