New 18.5WSM owner in NH

Hey tvwbb brothers and sisters. My brother in law got me interested in smokers and turned me on to this site. Shout out to JKip. Probably a meatless run the first smoke to try and get used to the unit. I've been dreaming of this for over a year. Any sugs on the first meat I should attempt?

Go with a butt and don't waste charcoal running that thing with no meat in it. You'll catch on pretty quick. Great to have you here.

I am more adventurous I did ribs on my first smoke. I also read about everything I could before I did them. Have fun!!

I was so worried about messing up I waited for a week to do my first run. That was the only mistake I made. The WSM is a breeze to run, so throw a pork butt on that puppy and enjoy.

So here's the deal. The butt looked great and tasted awesome. However, in the excitement of it all I neglected to take any(not one) pix. In the meantime we've cooked (2) 7 lb. chix which were tasty as well. Again, no pix. So, the next cook on my cooking log I've already added a take picture reminder. We're expecting a "little" snow in the next few days so it's looking like ribs over the weekend. Anyone with some experience cooking in the snow/foul weather have any advice for a rookie like myself. Thanks

Back