never seen this lid color before

Yah, I am thinking that was some special color like the "mauve" on the Genesis 5000 that was posted recently. I have never seen that color on line or in the wild before. It does look like it would be a fun rehab candidate. I do think that left hand table should be on the bottom of the grill however. It seems to be missing the other half on the bottom and the left hand table. But Z brackets are not a deal breaker by any means.

Man, there is just nothing popping up around me for rehab candidates so far this year. I thought things would have started by now. We have had plenty of Wisconsin grilling days so far, but evidently, people are still not looking at that old wreck on the deck and thinking it is time for a new one yet. There still seems to be a number of those New In Box grills still sitting out there as well. With 60's planned this weekend, I hope it gets some of those people outdoors.

Yah Bruce, same here although I'm looking for a Silver/Gold/Platinum C or a Genesis 3000 to rehab because a good friend of mine saw the one I did up for my brother and now he wants one to replace his cheapo grill with a classic.

I actually have one.

With the enclosed shelf, side burner and glass doors.

Picked it up for $35 and did a quick clean and rehab for personal use.

That long shelf on top in the ad is part of the bottom shelf.

BrianV I'm assuming that grill is a Genesis 4000 which came in two colors either Grey or Mauve. Usually came with a side burner. That grill becomes a 5000 when you add the glass doors.

That's not run of the mill. Nice control panel, too. Might appeal to someone who doesn't want an everyday black - or even red - grill.

Yah Jon, I was thinking of maybe trying a low ball offer. It is 90 miles from me, but I will be driving through that town tomorrow to visit my folks. I am thinking that if he would take $50, I would grab it if the grill and particularly the lid was in reasonable shape.

EDIT: Oh dang, I just sent the $50 offer and then realized it has a roto with it and a full tank of propane. Hmmmm, I might be able to go a little higher.

Last edited:
Jon, I did offer him $75 and he rejected it. THat was only two days on the market. I may hit him up after a few more days and see if he still wants to keep storing his worn out, tired old grill. It is still listed.

Yeah man, I tried offering it on a couple grills I sold/gave away, no one wanted it. I have a beautiful blue 1st gen Summit lid going to get the same fate here soon

Back