Neighbor put his Genesis E-310 LP out on the street

I'm ashamed to say I've never seen that before, when you said pvc, I assumed you were making something out of piping!

All finished up.
IMG_0507_zpsnci4swng.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
IMG_0506_zpsroxgtcse.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
IMG_0490_zpsv1e32xpm.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
IMG_0489_zpsqj3p8jnz.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

This is my third rebuild. I know that many of you have done a lot of these and have the same issue I had on taking the grill apart. My redhead was 15+yrs old and I did not have near the issue as this one. The manifold bolts were a self tapped type that no way were coming out broke the fire box up to get these out not a problem since I replace the firebox same with the burner bolts the bolts holding the gasline on the back/bottom. The panel bolts were ok.

What do you guys do to prevent the corrosion and or maybe a different bolt?

My thoughts and I will probably do this next week.

Replace the manifold hanger self taped bolts with a long SS thru bolt with a nut on the hanger side and use Tefgel on the bolt sleeve head and nut it is a galvanic isolator between the stainless steel and aluminum. The burner bolts and the gas line bolts should be drill a tapped and a SS bolt used again with Tefgel.

This may help when I need to eventually replace the burners.

These cabinet units seem to rust away around the hole for the LP tank. I think the reason for this that in trying to get the tank in the cabinet it gets all scratched and then simply set on the bottom rather than hanging it. Over time you get water and crud in around the tank and rust starts. The tanks heavy when full and are not the easiest to hang on the scale.

My solution A 1/8" pvc cover that will protect the hole and the front edge from the tank being taken out and put in.
IMG_0508_zpsics27okq.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

We will try it out tonight.

Thanks again!

That is beautiful, great job.. I was thinking the same about the tanks and also many people seem to have old rusty tanks that probably don't help. Happy grilling!

Does Harbor Freight sell those? ;)

Seriously though, what was wrong with the box that qualified it for warranty replacement?

Back