Need some advice..

I do have a few ?'s Id like some input on.. and again thanks for all the info

1) My driveway has a ever so slight slope will this effect anything?

From what I am reading Foil Pans are the goto for grease. I dont think grease will be an issue becuase I am a clean freak.
I have seen people cook on the top grate and foil on the 2nd grate. I have seen foil pans in between the bars and bottom grate.

2) Is there a temp differece from top and bottom grate?

3) Has anyone put foil pans below the bar on the bottom of the barrel?

On all my pits I use gaskets for sealing.

4) Is gaskets nessarity or needed?

My traeger shut down process was after it was done.. I would vacuum out the ash and empty my pellets into a sealed container and clean out the
auger.

5) Is there a pellet prime feature to run the rest of the pellets out of the auger or do i just remove it?

3) Has anyone put foil pans below the bar on the bottom of the barrel?

I have tried foil but no longer use it. One trick I learned after cooking on the EX4 is that I run a temperature up to 600 degrees after every cook. Once notified on my phone app that the temperature has been reached, I'll put it into shut down mode. All drippings are carbonized, and the pit is ready for the next cook. You might use a few more pellets this way, but at least for me, it keeps the pit cleaner with no grease build-up. Then of course I use my newly purchased portable Craftsman Shop-Vac to clean up the ashes periodically usually around 7-8 cooks.

Clorox wipes or similar brands will nicely clean up smoke soot that collects on the exterior. These wipes work great and cut through grease without causing any harm to the metal.

Back