Need grill opinions

I picked up my Performer a few years ago off CL for $125;
If a meteorite smashed it today, I would purchase a new one immediately!

Some lefties complain about the way the lid lifts, but if placed in an open area, there's no reason you can't stand on the other side. :)

I agree with you Bob, you just position your kettle on the side that is most comfortable for you.

Performer! Ez to light and use..even at -20. Light the gas assist let run for 5 minutes turn off. Go out 20 minutes later it's blazing. Snuffs out coals good too!

Take a look at the Performer Silver too. Smaller footprint, but "just right" for some.
Steel table does not stain like the plastic ones do.

Love my performer !!!! It and my Q100 and that's all I need. I have had them all at one time over the years, but the performer with the "gas assist" is the best grill/smoker on the market...jmho

One thing that you may not notice is that the performer is taller.
I appreciate that as I'm fairly tall myself so I don't have to bend my back as much.

I agree with Michael I have a bad back and my OTS was lower then my performer and what a difference it made. Once I got the performer I sold the almost new OTS. Plus the gas start is great and I store all my smoking woods in the container that’s underneath the performer and it’s much easier to move around then the OTG and the work table is really handy.
Okay I'm done now

I was happy with my OTG then I saw a used Performer on Craigslist and picked it up. I am so glad I got it. Like Bob I would replace it with a new one in a heartbeat if something happened to it. I like the added height, the table and its a lot more stable than my OTG. I stopped using the gas assist only because I found a better option for me. My OTG stays in our RV permanently now and is used when we go camping. The legs have taken a beating but it still works like a charm.

My first Weber was the Performer when they first came out....... It for sure is a BBQ'in machine, you will not be sorry!
I also would replace it in a heartbeat, mine has the stainless steel top and cleans up like new even after all these years!

Do tell. I use the side burner of my gasser, a lot, for starting a chimney. But the gas assist is just as nice. What are ya using?

I bought a weed burner to burn out a drum to make a UDS so I use that to start my coals. Yes its overkill but I have it so I use it. I have the Cast iron grate so using the weed burner makes it a piece of cake to start my coals, all I have to do is remove an insert dump the coals in and light them.

If price is not a consideration then the Performer is better, but I would like to point out that for the price difference between them you can get a nice work table, a plastic storage bucket and still have money left over.

I have to throw in my vote for the performer as well. The gas assist is a big asset to me. I know that there are times when I probably would not use the grill if it wasnt as easy as filing up the charcoal baskets and pushing a button.(sometimes I'm just lazy). I don't have a gasser any more and find that all the features of the performer keep me from wanting another one [gasser]

Back