Need gravy for Brisket

• Thread starter Thread starter Guest
  • Start date Start date

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Hello all. Cooked my first meat yesterday, a 4.47 lbs Brisket and it came out pretty good. 8.5 hours. It tastes more like NY Pastrami and just slightly dry...but not too dry.

What about gravy? Because I'm not oven cooking this in it's own juices, and making a gravy from the veggies in the pan, what do people serve along with the cut brisket?

Gary

Gary,

It's the seasoning that makes brisket taste like pastrami, especially a rub that contains a lot of black pepper and coriander. Try a different rub next time, for example, the rub I used in the Brisket - Midnight Cook article.

Brisket is commonly served with barbecue sauce on the side, although a well-seasoned brisket that's been smoked for hours can be so flavorful in it's own right that it requires no sauce or gravy.

Regards,
Chris

Chris hit the nail right on the head WRT opting out of the BBQ suace due to the the great flavor of the meat. I pulled a 10lb whole (point and flat) off of the WSM yesterday morning. I pulled it at a flat temperature of 195 degF. It had been on the smoker at 230 degF for 13 hours. The flavor was so good that I didn't even bother putting sauce on the dinner table. The meat was incredibly flavorful and moist.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back