Need Brisket Advice - Cooking Tonight for Tomorrow Dinner

John W

TVWBB Member
Hi All! A wrench was just thrown into my plans and we're not having dinner tomorrow until 5:00PM and I was planning to have brisket ready by 1:00! My question is, can I cook until probe/fork tender tonight (high heat method) and put it in the fridge to reheat slowly tomorrow afternoon about 1:00? From what I've read, it looks like it's possible as long as I wrap it tightly in Saran wrap once it's done and then it a couple layers of HD foil. I'm not sure about cooling it first though. Do I need to let it come down to a certain temperature before putting it into the fridge?

Thanks!

John

You must cool it down before placing in the fridge, otherwise you risk problems with the meat and the other items in your fridge

You must cool it down before placing in the fridge, otherwise you risk problems with the meat and the other items in your fridge

Thanks Dave! Should I take it out of the foil and wrap it in Saran wrap and then again in more foil to let it cool, or just tent it loosely in a pan to let it cool? Also, does it need to cool to room temp before the fridge or is that too much time in the danger zone?

Don't wrap it with anything as that will keep it hot. Put a clean pan or baking sheet in the freezer for a while and, when ready, place the meat on the pan and just drape a piece of foil over it to keep it clean. You could leave it out like that for 90 minutes before refrigerating. Or, put the meat in a ziplock bag and into an ice bath.

Back