Need Advise ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim Fowler

TVWBB Member
Looking at a performer used, and found one for $120 in my neck of the woods. My concern is, I didnt know they made one with a stainless table and thought this might be something homemade.

#1 - Has anyone seen these before ?
#2 - Could anyone date this grill ?
#3 - Do you guys think $120 is a good price ?

DSC_5302.jpg

The stainless steel model is a few years old, can't remember exactly how long. If it's in good condition and doesn't need anything replaced, $120 ain't bad. Not as good as some deals you see, but I'd rather have the SS model than the ones with the plastic tables.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">h, if it's still available and you're interested, you better RUN.

That sucker is immaculate and well worth $120. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Im Picking it up Thursday night. Everyone else stay away HE HE HE I have been waiting for 12 months now to replace my Gasser with one of these. Thanks...

Yep. It looks like the thermometer is missing. Easy to replace. Otherwise that grill looks great! I'd grab it in a second.

I bought two of those last year off of CL. One was a Red one with the gas assist and one was a black one without the gas assist. I restored the Red one and use it all of the time. I sold the black one. I paid $65 for the Red one and $100 for the Black one. I probably have About $150 in the Red one. Great catch and enjoy it.

Wayne

#1 - Yes. I even have one.
#2 - I am going to guess 2000-2004 Lid handle is of the newer style, The charcoal storage door handle is black, the ashcatcher ring is the newer stamped legend, not the rivet on plate. Of course, all you need to do is check the date code on the lid vent.
#3 - $120 is a fair price to both you and the seller.

I picked it up today finally got it home and ready to fire up. Of course it started raining immediately. I also stopped and got a new cooking grate for it. Argh. Oh well I will be cooking on it tomorrow I hope. By the Date code on it, it looks like a 2003 and in very very good shape. Igniter works and all. Im glad I went and got it.

Before you start using it, make sure you tighten the nuts on the lid holder. Over time, the nuts loosen and drop into the charcoal. If you don't notice, they'll get dumped with the ash.

Luckily, only one end loosened up on me so I was able to look at the other end to determine what kind of washer I needed to buy at Home Depot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back