Need Advise on Weekend Cook

Roger P

TVWBB Member
I have ~25 people coming over on Sunday to sample some 'Q. The plan right now is butts and briskets. Probably 2 butts, a brisket or two and a pork loin which I will marinate and then cook on the kettle.

Problem is, I can't fit 2 butts and 2 briskets (might even do 4 butts, not sure yet) at the same time. Am I better off doing the butts ahead of time, pulling and re-heating, and doing the briskets Saturday night, or should I do the briskets ahead of time (Friday night) and do the butts fresh for Sunday? Which will hold / re-heat best? I was planning a Friday Night cook and a Saturday Night cook, but I'm torn on which meat to cook a day in advance, and which to cook "fresh".

Thoughts? Thanks for your input!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Steve Abrams:
I'd do the butts first and pull them. They will reheat better than the brisket. You'll never know it was reheated. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree with burnt food dude. Do the butts first.

Definitely the butts first...brisket is more tempermental (temperature and mental)...You don't want the brisket to be dry and it's better eaten right after a cook. Mike

Cool. Every single reply here echo'd my thoughts. I'm going to do the butts overnight Friday-->Saturday and do the briskets Saturday--->Sunday night. Oh, don't worry, there will be pics, and more pics, and more pics of meat, more meat, and even more meat. Besides the butts and briskets, I'm doing fatties and probably grilling some pork tenderloins.
wsmsmile8gm.gif

Back