Need a tasty sugar free rub for ribs for some friends coming next Sunday

Tom Raveret

TVWBB Pro
Throwing a party for my wife and her friends for Sunday and I'll make 80% of the ribs with my usual homemade rub and blues Hog but one couple is on a no sugar diet. and thinking of making a rack or two for them. Any recommendations for really tasty sugar free rub recipes or sugar free rubs that are good with ribs?

Thanks

I would love one! thank you. this is very new territory for me.
I recco you find out if they’re keto or just sugar free. And if sugar free, is tha free of sugar or do they use natural sweeteners, as in honey? Or maple syrup (real maple syrup)?

If keto, this one is good. But you have to buy keto sweeter. And they can be expensive.

If they use natural sweeteners, not sugar, you could use frozen mango cubes and make a mango bbq sauce. Or other fruit based sauce.

Here is another one where you can just omit the sugar.

Caribbean-Style Ribs

4 lbs. pork loin back ribs
1 TB. onion powder
1 TB. packed brown sugar
1 TB. dried thyme, crushed
1 1/2 tsp. salt
1 1/2 tsp. ground allspice
1 tsp. cracked black pepper
1/2 tsp. ground nutmeg
1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp. ground cloves
1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper

1. In small bowl, combine onion powder and next 9 ingredients. Sprinkle mixture evenly
over both sides of ribs; rub in with your fingers.
2. Prepare grill for indirect grilling, medium heat. Place ribs on grill, cover and grill for 1 1/2 to 1 3/4 hours or until ribs are tender.

Source: BH&G BBQ 5-05

Rib Rub I use. I often omit the sugar or cut it in half.

View attachment 80414

From here

Hey Dan, that rub really was tasty on them, paired it with SBR sugar free which was ok... nice to have another option for the no sugar people!!
still prefer my rub with sugar and blues hog on them but I am always looking or ways to cut back or skip sugar. Thanks for sharing that!

Back