Name for my rub.

Darin Hearn

TVWBB Fan
I have a rub that I think is pretty darn good and I was thinking in the future of selling it. What I need to do it come up with a name for it. Since I would sell any rubs under “D-dog’s BBQ” , a buddy of mine thought it would be a good idea to give them a dog related name. Such as: Flea powder or Doggie dust. My wife thinks that I should not use the dog related names and come up with a more BBQ name. What do you guys think? Would you buy and use a rub called Flea powder? Does any one have any other name suggestions?

Flea powder would not appeal to me. Can't think of a dog related name that would, off hand.

Doggie breath rub - no
D-dog's "rollin' in it" rub - naw, conjures up a bad image.
Dogpile rub - eeew
D-dog's "Best in Show" rub - only if ya won a championship with it.

Trying to think of something dogs do that sounds appetizing. (ha, ha, he said dogs do, ha, ha (stoopid
icon_rolleyes.gif
))

Eat, sleep, lick their ....never mind, hump your ....never mind. Nope can't think of anything, sorry.

D-dogs "bone chewin' good" bbq rub

D-dogs "Man's best friend" bbq rub

D-dogs "Spicy Hair-of-the-dog" bbq rub

D-dogs "Bird Dog" bbq rub

D-dogs "Lets go huntin'" bbq rub

D-dogs "Come home Lassie" bbq rub
icon_rolleyes.gif

D-dogs "***** in Heat" bbq rub
icon_redface.gif

D-dogs "Junkyard Dog" bbq rub

D-dogs "Howling at the Moon" bbq rub

D-dogs "That dog ain't gonna hunt" bbq rub

Sorry, I was bored.

Personally, and this is just me, I hate a product that uses some crazy slang term in it's name. Dawg for example. It just doesn't seem right.

If you must use dog. Keep away from dawg. Aside from that you should post the recipe so we can let you know if it's worth mass-producing.
icon_wink.gif

I'd have to agree with the comment about "dawg". Years ago I came up with what I thought was and inventive and catchy name for a retail business I started. The play-on-words was lost, however, on over half the clientele, who regularly mispronounced the name.

"Dog" can have several negative connotations, too. "That car's a real dog." Or the concept of "dogging" someone, or "being dogged" about something.

No one's mentioned the variation "doggone", as in "doggone good".

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Doug D:
No one's mentioned the variation "doggone", as in "doggone good". </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Or as in Best dog-gone smoker around!

Regards,
Chris

Dog
Why not look to Arizona your home state
for the name Seem to remember a Tea product that has done well with that.

Back