My wife if a doll

Julien Gallant

TVWBB Member
This website is such a great resource; everyone is so helpful and loaded with great ideas. This site has completely changed the way I approach cooking meat.

It prompted me to try indirect cooking on my simple 18.5 kettle. I have indirect cooked/ smoked a 8Lbs pork shoulder and a 7Lbs turkey breast and they were delicious.

Then for my birthday my darling wife bought me the 18.5 WSM and was a great gift it was. I fired it up the very next day and made a whole Cajun turkey and a few racks of beef ribs. Delicious! I am now waiting for this weekend to get here so I can make pulled pork and ribs.

What a great machine Weber makes.

Julian, welcome to the site. Yes, a great gift from a thoughtful wife. Glad you enjoy your WSM. Many happy returns.

Mark

I bet u will have alot of fun with the new unit,i just got a wsm yesterday will fire up tomorrow with a port belly i think.

Keep us posted with the lovely food ur about to make.

Bless//Me

Thanks Wolfgast. I made beef ribs with Wolfe rub bold last weekend. I was going to serve them dry but my wife wanted sauce. So, I mixed 3/4 cup of bullseye, 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar and 1 1/2 tsp. of Wolfe bold and let it mingle for a while before brushing it on her ribs in the last 1/2 hour. I then regretted not saucing mine.

P.S. I follwed the Wolfe bold recipe with the exception of using chopped shallots instead of onion since I had just bought some for a different recipe... and also, I like shallots.

Sounds great.

Bullseye is my favorite bought sauce i love the hot one,but all will do.

take pics of the run if u can at leased for me its so mutch more fun to read a post with pics.

if u dont know:

(Take pics,uppload em to imageshack.com no regestry involved. put zise max 1024x768 and link the forum url into the green icon just right to the letter and just right the film strip ontop of the message board)

I just learned 2 weeks ago how to uppload images.

Bless//Me

I will try to upload a few pictures of this weekends smoke. I will be making beef ribs again this weekend since we have company coming over.

Back