My Weekend: Butts & Standing Rib Roast Pics

Shawn W

TVWBB Emerald Member
Click Here to bring up the index page then click on link 2005-01-25ButtsPrimeRib to view the collection of pictures.

I did four fresh butts in about 21 hours without foil starting Friday night. Removed them at 191ºF internal cuz I had a 4º internal temp setback when adding some fuel then foiled and rested. It seemed to work out, they pulled nicely and were nice and moist.

On Sunday I did a 5 lb standing rib roast (TVWB Herb Crusted Prime Rib), cooked to 138º internal. Darn good. I was going to pull at 135º but 138º was the next update I got from ET-73 after 134º. Whatever. Foiled and rested for a little better than an hour.

I would have liked the rib roast a little less done but nearly everyone else would have liked it a little more done. Some day I will have to do one how I want it done.
icon_smile.gif
If someone don't want to eat it they can dial 310-1010 (Pizza Hut).
icon_biggrin.gif

Why am I looking at this and eating a ham sandwich for dinner? There's something wrong here. Fortunately the ads came out today and 2 stores have pork butts for $1.99/lb. I'm going to thraw a brisket in the freezer and make 'em both on Thursday. Very, very nice job, Kevin. It didn't really take much, but you've inspired me!

Mark -- Check BJ's, Costco and/or Sam's club. Butts on the east coast run around $1.25/lb to $1.50/lb, everyday price

Same prices here, but I prefer slightly smaller ones as I don't have alot of freezer space and the space I do have I prefer to use for leftover BBQ. Thanks.

Back