My stand alone heatermeter

JasonW

Just want to show off my stand alone heatermeter installed in an off the shelf case. I left all the connectors off the board and used panelmount versions connected with solid core wire. The LCD is also connnected by wire. I drilled two holes in the bottom and installed PCB standoffs. Then one hole in the top for the button
IMG_20121103_121336_zps3c3f3cdf.jpg

IMG_20121103_121349_zps3d1d0d8e.jpg

That is pretty cool. The LCD cutout is especially nice. What prevented the LCD from being able to just be attached to the HeaterMeter board? Something bumping into something I reckon.

I left the lcd seperate to make fitting it more simple. On my next one I'll try it with the LCD attached.
If I knew how to use something like solidworks it would help a lot with locating the best place to drill holes

Nice1 Jason. I'll be installing mine in a small Pelican case so I can keep my probes inside when not in use. I'll just make a panel to fit inside and mount everything below it. Got my RPi yesterday, HM4 board last week, parts are trickling in....

Where does one find the nuts for those connections? Mine did not have any, and my parts bin didn't have the right size.

Where does one find the nuts for those connections? Mine did not have any, and my parts bin didn't have the right size.

The part I found a digikey was CP-2508-ND

Is this case large enough to fit a HeatMeter with the Raspberry Pi at the same time?

I would also be interested to know the answer if anyone has tried. I would like to order in one shot because of high shipping costs to Canada

Back