My NON Pizza oven Pizza oven

Josh Dekubber

TVWBB Pro
My wife and I like to make pizzas from scratch but I never liked how they turned out in the oven. This is my little non Pizza oven Pizza oven. I'm sure there's better ways to cook a pizza but these come out so good and so perfect to us!! I tried a pizza stone just to see what it was like and we did not prefer it over these pizza pans with holes in the bottom. Little LX 240 works pretty good and has more room on the grill than you would think. 20240710_171943~2.jpg20240710_171933~2.jpg

My kettle does a good job making pies.
It is a hassle but it gets the job done well beyond what my kitchen oven can ever do.
You’ve inspired me to experiment with a few ideas I have for my Blackstone.

Thank you Eric.
I appreciate you taking your time to post those links.

I don’t like it though.
It seems like a lot of work that I’d rather not do.

My flat Lodge pizza steel on an elevated grate on my kettle with a ring of hot coals is a pain but actually sounds easier than removing the hood, removing the heavy 36” griddle plate, installing the Blackstone chinga and paying $163 for their idea.

My thoughts are finding a huge aluminum pan or pot, chopping it up to add pizza window, removing its handles, using it inverted with a new knob handle on the top center.
I think using aluminum might radiate the heat required for a decent pie.
If I kept it low enough to close the Blackstone lid better yet.

Anyways it’s just an idea.
I might even wait to cut the pizza window after a couple pies to see if that will help but I think it would need some sort of moisture venting.
I don’t know if it will work but I will start looking for what I need.

Back