My new performer-side table cracked already

Why is anyone lifting a performer, it's on four wheels, at least mine is. I just roll it where it needs to go. I never lift it at all. Do you guys have the wheels locked? Unlock the wheels it's moves quite easily.

Brian

I leave out in the country, the little wheels on the front are worthless on gravel and grass so there is no option other than to lift that end.

I am glad I read this. I have to move mine over a hump sometimes to get it under the covered area when it's raining and I would be sick if it cracked on me, even though Weber would probably replace it. Are the newer Performers using a different plastic BTW? Mine seems to be more flexible and not as brittle as the side table on my Spirit E-310 which is probably 6 years old.

That's exactly what caused my table to crack. (mine's a 2011) I grill on the patio but, do move the grill across the yard to grill undercover on occasion. . Guess I need to lift from the frame somehow or I 'need' a second grill to have 1 in both locations..

Did weber replace it for free? There is a performer with a smashed table on craigslist for just 15 bucks, so If they replace it for free Imma hop on it!

normally the warranty just covers the original owner. but weber at times will fudge it. again, for me i would replace it with something better. i mean plastic next to a charcoal grill makes no sense to me in the first place. stains and damage like burns are just not appealing to me.

My grill live on my deck which is a lower 24" off the ground but when I want do a good cleaning I need to take off the deck and that means lifting and or moving it, so where are you going to lift it and by what. I start with the top and then grab the it by the frame. If mine cracks I think I will have to look at getting a Metal top made.

Back