My new performer-side table cracked already

dean

TVWBB Pro
I have used my performer exactly 3 times. When I call weber for a replacement, what are they going to ask me to show? I am not happy at all.
icon_confused.gif

Last week I got a replacement table for a 9 yr old platinum no questions asked. Weber sent it out and I had it in two days. They might ask you for a picture. They might ask you for a code that is on the bottom of the performers. I doubt they wll ask for anything at all. I wouldn't worry about anything, I bet they replace it straight away with little to no hassle.

Brian

I talked to weber they said dont lift it to move it by the plastic table. A new one should be on its way.

Yep, just had the same thing happen to me. I have the new one sitting here waiting to be installed. Glad to hear they were able to help you out.

then that has to be the worst designed table in the world. and it has to be the most cheapest plastic/whatever used to make the table.
one, if you have to lift that end, there is basically nothing to lift up on except the table. seriousely, that end of the table is just not that heavy that the table should crack. i cannot imagine any excuse or reason to build something like that so shame on weber for that junk. best is to get a new table from weber, sell it to someone else and then make yer own much better table. rant off.

i did ! yep, checked, i did.
icon_smile.gif

i get bothered by companies making junk and then saying "don't do that" to whatever the issue is. its like a cheap tool breaking when its used and then they tell you "don't use it that way" or whatever. had an issue with the plastic handle on my snap on screwdrivers. at first they said i shouldn't use it near chemicals, etc, blah blah . in a repair shop for cryin out loud ! well you can imagine my reaction. i went straight through the roof. yep, got them all replaced.

i know ya'll think i'm over the top at times but there is a reason. i worked as a mech and repair shop owner for 40 years. i was held to a very high standard by the customers and myself.
so its kinda easy for me to react this way when i see things like this. so take it for what its worth and then ignore me.
icon_wink.gif

George , you know I always love yer 2cents! really, I love honesty. The first thing she said at weber was "DID YOU MOVE IT BY LIFTING ON THE TABLE"? Ummmm ummm nooo.. DUHHH. The stainless steel version had handles to move it. It is a grill that is in a cart on wheels, so it should be able to move wo breaking. Do not put wheels on it then, just saying. I have another bbq cart made of plastic that I use for putting food on. It is made by backyard gear. It is just a table and cutting board (no cooker) with storage inside. It has a place to hang yer bbq tools too. This is all I have used for 20 years before I got my performer, that came with a side table. I got the bbq cart at Target and paid 100 bucks. Like I said it is all plastic and it never has cracked yet! I have left it out side in the michigan winters for 20 years with out any cracking. Hello weber engineers? Are you reading this?

no moving the performer by lifting on the table is new to me, do it all the time and not even a hint that it cant handle it(though im not lifting the entire grill just tipping it to roll it).

Originally posted by DAVIDMICHAEL:
no moving the performer by lifting on the table is new to me, do it all the time and not even a hint that it cant handle it(though im not lifting the entire grill just tipping it to roll it).

Which series of Performer do you have? The garbage table seems to be the new 2011-12 model, with the dark gray top. I have a 2005 model, and the table is SUPER strong. No issues at all.

Originally posted by W Tyler:

Which series of Performer do you have? The garbage table seems to be the new 2011-12 model, with the dark gray top. I have a 2005 model, and the table is SUPER strong. No issues at all.

Not directed at me but mines a 2005 model and it just cracked a couple weeks ago
icon_frown.gif
Snapped right at the bolt.

Why is anyone lifting a performer, it's on four wheels, at least mine is. I just roll it where it needs to go. I never lift it at all. Do you guys have the wheels locked? Unlock the wheels it's moves quite easily.

Brian

it's easier to move in grass on the large two wheels. It has the light gray table, probably 4-5 yrs old

Originally posted by JustinL:
Not directed at me but mines a 2005 model and it just cracked a couple weeks ago
icon_frown.gif
Snapped right at the bolt.

Which isn't unreasonable, in my opinion, for thermoset (plastic) that's 7 years old (2005). But for a Performer that's been used only three times......????? Well.....

Originally posted by DAVIDMICHAEL:
it's easier to move in grass on the large two wheels. It has the light gray table, probably 4-5 yrs old

Makes sense, I never thought about it sitting in the grass,

Brian

Mine cracked as well at the bolt within the first season. Weber agreed to replace it under the 2 year warranty. Required proof of purchase and had to send a pic of the cracked table. Will be more careful from now on when moving the grill. A replacement if out of warranty or no receipt was $165.

Last edited:
seen some folks replace them with wood or metal. i still hold the argument that that plastic is junk and poorly designed. plus no handle to grab so you instinctly grab the top.
weber says to grab the frame underneath which is not easy.

Back