My "new" Genesis Silver B from 00-01

Vinny

Hi,I picked up a Genesis Silver B locally as the owner was leaving town. I've been going through the forum for some tips and it's amazing how well made these Weber's are :) My Weber's is missing a work table and the one's available online are around $70, does anyone here have one available for sale?

Alternatively, any suggestions to for an interim fix?

I have attached some pics of the grill - do I need to replace the grill anytime soon? The flavorizer bars were replaced by the owner 6 months back.

http://imgur.com/a/zHyUO

Planning on cleaning this out in the next couple of weeks.

Thanks!

Welcome to the forum Vinny. Overall, that Genesis looks to be in pretty good shape. As for the grates, try some degreaser and steelwool on them before spending any money on new ones. If they do need to be replaced, check out rcplanebuyer on ebay. He makes great stainless steel grates for these grills. Not cheap, but will last a very long time.

As for posting pics, check out this link. It tells how to post.

You will find many here who have rehabbed older grills and love to help in any way we can. Good luck.

Agree with Bob, well for the most part. The grates look like they are about done but if you do clean them I would recommend a scotch brite pad instead of steel wool. You don't want any small pieces of steel wool getting stuck in the grate and then transferred to your food, not a good thing.
Other than that it looks in pretty good shape.
If your handy with wood you could get a few 1x2s or 1x3s and make a work table to fit in there, a lot cheaper than buying a new one.
Also welcome to the forum Vinny.

Thanks for the welcome and input Bob and Rich! I was hoping to keep the Weber stock but if am unable to source something over the next couple of weeks than I'll put something together.

Yeah with the rust on them and being the old style stamped steel with enamel I'd go to home depot or such and just get a set of cast iron ones. I have a set on my old Genesis III and I LUUUUUV them. The Weber OEM ones are very easy to maintain, last very well and work like a champ. Or measure them up and grab a set from RCPlanebuyer. Solid 304 3/8" stainless steel welded rods. Last set of grates you'll ever buy.

Work Table

Hi,I picked up a Genesis Silver B locally as the owner was leaving town. I've been going through the forum for some tips and it's amazing how well made these Weber's are :) My Weber's is missing a work table and the one's available online are around $70, does anyone here have one available for sale?

Alternatively, any suggestions to for an interim fix?

I have attached some pics of the grill - do I need to replace the grill anytime soon? The flavorizer bars were replaced by the owner 6 months back.

http://imgur.com/a/zHyUO

Planning on cleaning this out in the next couple of weeks.

Thanks!

I have a Genesis Grill that I'm parting out & it has the work table. It's yours for $20 plus shipping from NJ. It's in good shape, but definitely not new. Let me know if you'd like pictures Thanks.

Back