My new 18.5" WSM and more with pics

Jason Prince

TVWBB Member
Just got my new WSM ready to go for Saturday's first cook! Here is some pics of her and more!

My WSM
WSM.jpg

Large Pig Tail
LargePigTail.jpg

14" Clay Pot
14inClaypot.jpg

Charcoal...ready to smoke!
Charcoal.jpg

She sure looks cute! Can't let my wife see your garage tho. It is terrible how clean and organized it is. I would never hear the end of it. Well I don't hear the end of it now.

Go Smoke Day 6!!!!

Originally posted by mk evenson:
She sure looks cute! Can't let my wife see your garage tho. It is terrible how clean and organized it is. I would never hear the end of it. Well I don't hear the end of it now.

Go Smoke Day 6!!!!

lol can you tell I have OCD!

Originally posted by Jason Prince:
Just got my new WSM ready to go for Saturday's first cook! Here is some pics of her and more!

My WSM
WSM.jpg

Large Pig Tail
LargePigTail.jpg

14" Clay Pot
14inClaypot.jpg

Charcoal...ready to smoke!
Charcoal.jpg
Looks like you're all set. Now all you need to do is throw away that crap in the blue bag, then go down to Lowes and get some more Stubbs! Or, go to Walmart and get some RO!

Jason, if you listen to Lew and you "throw away that crap in the blue bag"... call me, I'll take it!
It's done me good for as long as I've had matches
icon_wink.gif

There is a reason why it's called Kingsford.

To mirror everyone else, that is one clean garage.
I have a few wishes in life. The first is a fully equipped outdoor kitchen and the second is a neat and tidy garage.
Have yet to get either.
Can't say I've ever noticed a difference in flavour with any charcoal I've used but to each their own. Just toss on some meat, grab a drink and let the WSM do it's job.

Good luck.

James

Originally posted by Jim Lampe:
Jason, if you listen to Lew and you "throw away that crap in the blue bag"... call me, I'll take it!
It's done me good for as long as I've had matches
icon_wink.gif

There is a reason why it's called Kingsford.
Just kidding.
icon_wink.gif
I know a lot of people swear by K but I haven't used it in a while. Even with mods, my ECB doesn't have much room for ash during a cook.

Now that I have a WSM (lots of room for ash) and K is on sale at HD, I may be tempted.

lol I am not the biggest fan of Kingsford...only bought it because I couldn't pass up a buy 1 get 1 free sale lol. I love the Stubb's! I try and only use it when I have some. As for the garage being so clean, I have a bad case of OCD lol. You should see how clean my house is and I even have a 1yr old. It drives my wife nutz! You guys ready for Saturday? I got a Pork Butt in the fridge ready for the 19 hour smoke tonight!

Xavier32178

i'm not jokin', i love Kingsford!
Also use Stubb's
Royal Oak "SteakHouse"
Frontier
But when HD sells two 20lb bags for 10 bucks, ... i have 8 bags in the back of my Jeep that needs unloading... going back tomorrow for 8 more bags.
When doing lonnnngggg cooks, there is nothing like BigK to endure the cook. (In my opinion)
icon_biggrin.gif

Originally posted by Jim Lampe:When doing lonnnngggg cooks, there is nothing like BigK to endure the cook. (In my opinion)
icon_biggrin.gif

+1 on this. I have not had good luck on using lump for more than 6 hours unattended. I get double that with blue bag K.

I have a pork butt thats been smoking for 9 hours and maintaining a 250* temp or more so far. I used Stubb's for my first smoke. I am loving it so far
icon_smile.gif

Back