My kettle setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe S.

TVWBB Super Fan
Pics of my table I made for my weber . I put my grill dome in there now and weber back on tripod.Also a pic of my Birthday cake. Also a pic of my Birthday cake.

table4.jpg

2table-1.jpg

DSC03385-1-1.jpg

Nice. Do you do anything to protect the table on the hole where the kettle sits in? I wonder how the wood holds up after prolonged heat from the kettle.

This is a project I might actually be able to do. Thanks for posting.

Thanks , I put some sheet metal strips along the the inner circle. I forget what I did at first but you see after awhile it was charring the table.Thats why I put the sheet matal on there.
I'm not very good with wood bulding and I was able buld it.I think it took me like 5 or 6 hrs and I don't have all the right tools .I'm sure someone with skills for this could do it in alot less time. I used treated lumber cost was like $100.00

Here what I did . I just wraped foil around ybtil I got something else , thats why it charred.

DSC03005.jpg

Very nice.
I'm in the process of doing the exact same thing. Heat from the kettle is a concern so my tabletop is ceramic tiles layed over a cement board. I'm chopping both handles off the kettle so the rim of the kettle will nest almost flush with the tabletop. It will be a fun project.

What does your lid holder look like at the end of the table? I'm thinking of mounting a slide aside there or constructing a simple wooden holder.

George

I used the weber holder , screwed it in place. I like it , I even put grates in there told in place.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Joe S.:
I used the weber holder , screwed it in place. I like it , I even put grates in there told in place. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Say that one more time a little slowly please.

How is the lid held on the table?

Nice job Joe!
icon_cool.gif

I did something similar a few years back. I went with the ceramic top as mentioned by George. I made use of the brackets that were used to mount the kettle to the cart to set down on the counter. This gave me the option of having about and inch of air space around the kettle that minimizes heat transfer greatly. There might be some high heat silicone options you could use to protect the wood. That oven door gasket might be very workable as well. If you cook much you might want to consider something so you can enjoy your handy work as long as possible.

Gary

Thanks for the compliments.I have my ceramic grill in the table now. My Weber's back on the tripod. I'm thinking about cutting another hole and having both grills in the table.I did want to go ceramic tile on the whole top not sure why I didn't . The wood is hard to keep clean.

Once got my ceramic grill I figured the Weber wouldn't get used and it hasn't until this past week , it's been almost a year since I used the Weber .I got caught up in all the hype about ceramic grills.Having used both here's my opinion.I can get just as good results with my Weber/smokenator I can with my ceramic grill.I love my ceramic for long cooks pretty much set and your done for 16 hours and the fuel is more efficient.I'm just glad I got a great deal on my ceramic . I only paid $200 for a large but since I pulled the Weber back out it's been getting used. If it's a cook no longer than 6 hours it will be a toss up which one to use the Weber/smokenator or the ceramic grill.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back