my gas ga w/pics

George Curtis

TVWBB Olympian
as i mentioned before, i got a gga at the second hand store for about $12 . that has been months ago. i just got it out to clean up and i confirmed my first observation that this one is basically new with one cook on it. the grease/oil on it is the same. no rust, no nuthin. so i will post a pic after the cleaning is done which will not take much to do. i will change the hardware to ss.

almost done. been busy with meetings and such so just finished things up today except for the grate. did a test burn and it looks just fine. hope to have pics in a few days.

very nice George.... hows it cook? What are the chances of longer cooks on this guy (yes with gas)?

This is on the last on my want list...

i havn't cooked on it yet though i did cook on my other one. its not a barn stormer but will cook whatever. if you want a long cook they do have a hose to connect it to a large tank. one quirk is that its a bit cooler on the regulater side. but that not a great problem as it allows me to rotate stuff. it actually cooks better than i thought. great for times when you don't or can't deal with charcoal.

I bought mine in 2000 and it still works great, it sat outdoors for about 2yrs. I take it on trips when the weather is dry and not a good idea for a charcoal fire.

Hi George, as you seem to be the resident Go Anywhere expert, I've got a question for you about my recently purchased GA Gas.

I too got a used one and am curious about the metal tab that holds the legs together the piece on the left leg of this pic:

IMG_0399.jpg

On mine, it's closer to the center of the leg and makes the legs not 100% level if I use it when the legs are down.
It also seems that over time, it could scratch the finish of the lid when the legs are in the closed/transport position.

I could move it out like on yours, but in your experience is it even all that necessary? I noticed you didn't latch it for your pics.

thanks in advance.

Sorry, Michael. George is no longer an active member of TVWBB. Maybe another member can answer your question.

Regards,
Chris

I will take a shot since I have heavily used mine over the years.

The clip on my grill is located the same as on George's grill. I definitely connect the legs of the grill with the clip since it makes it more stable and it doesn't seem to scratch the outside of the grill. I've never noticed it scratching the outside of the grill when the legs are in the closed position either.

I will take a shot since I have heavily used mine over the years.

The clip on my grill is located the same as on George's grill. I definitely connect the legs of the grill with the clip since it makes it more stable and it doesn't seem to scratch the outside of the grill. I've never noticed it scratching the outside of the grill when the legs are in the closed position either.

Thanks Barry. I tried moving mine to where the one in the picture is but was having diffifulty placing it correctly, probaly die to the age of the grill/clip.

the clip is not easy to move or take off. but as barry mentioned, it needs to be on the side as pictured. just force it off and then install as pictured.

that looks great. can't wait for follow up pics. i keep thinking about getting a set but i'm a tightwad and have a hard time getting over the price. plus i'm just not concerned about grill marks.

Back