My first Weber gasser

It may be an obvious question but what is the best burner/burners to use for the rotisserie? I don't have much experience (yet) with the Weber. But I'm going to assume one burner can maintain a good 350 inside the cookbox. So do I use the front so that the heat goes up and around before it goes out the back? The obvious to me would be the middle since that is where the rotisserie rod runnes. The back for some other reason??

When I was a kid I was told the dumb question is the one you don't ask 🤔

I usually use the front one because I have a smoke box and it is easiest accessed in the front. But, for some reason, I used the back burner when I did my roto chicken last week. I knew I would only be using one round of smoke. Actually you can use the front and rear burners, both on lower. Since your bird is spinning and it will get evenly done regardless where the heat is coming from. I suggest a cheap aluminum foil drip pan under the chicken. That will further ensure the chicken is getting indirect heat.

The burners become MUCH more critical on the newer grills with the N-S burners.

Yes, you should be able to get up to 350 degrees with one burner.

I usually use the front and the rear on a lower setting. Though you can get away with using only one on a higher setting. Either works well. Just leave the center one off. If you have a N/S burner grill don't even bother buying a rotisserie unless it has a dedicated rotisserie burner

Because it's not 100 degrees out at the moment I decided to attach the swing up side table to the grill. In doing so I discovered apparently there is a left and right side, and I have the right. Now I'm not sure how to attach it so it works without the propane tank mount getting in the way of the slide. This isn't super technical stuff here. What am I missing?

Jason, it looks to me from your post on 7-24-18 that you have the left had swing table. The slide bar is definitely there as well as the table itself.

This is how the shelf and slide and support rod should be assembled:

CvvamGd.jpg

Last edited:
Thank you Bruce. Today I learned there are right and left side bars that the side table can mount to. These are the bars screwed to the frame legs. And my table was attached to a right side bar. The bar on the grill in my picture is for the left. I also learned that the table is intercheable if you slide out the L shape table support bar out and put it through the other side of the table. I feel kinda dumb at the moment for not realizing, and or taking me that long to figure out something so simple.

Back