My first post.....

at $1500 you got as much hope as Biden! Nice job though. I know from refurbishing multiple grills and not making a dime that this is keeper territory and not flip. Best of luck Tom

at $1500 you got as much hope as Biden! Nice job though. I know from refurbishing multiple grills and not making a dime that this is keeper territory and not flip. Best of luck Tom
I went into this project knowing I would face an uphill battle on a sale even if I were to offer it up for just what I have into it or even less. I’m ok with that but I still needed to put a number out there just in case that buyer exists. In the same breath, I just took a consignment less than an hour ago on a project with a $1k budget for another 1000 series based almost entirely on what the customer saw I did with this grill. If this piece can be a salesman for other projects like that, it’ll earn its keep just fine around these parts.

I went into this project knowing I would face an uphill battle on a sale even if I were to offer it up for just what I have into it or even less. I’m ok with that but I still needed to put a number out there just in case that buyer exists. In the same breath, I just took a consignment less than an hour ago on a project with a $1k budget for another 1000 series based almost entirely on what the customer saw I did with this grill. If this piece can be a salesman for other projects like that, it’ll earn its keep just fine around these parts.
That is awesome.

Tom, i had no intention to offend and apologies if i have. We share a passion and that's what matters most. Us foreigners are rude sometimes, best of luck with your sale and future endeavors!

Tom, i had no intention to offend and apologies if i have. We share a passion and that's what matters most. Us foreigners are rude sometimes, best of luck with your sale and future endeavors!
Absolutely no offense taken at any point in time. I think it’s a great discussion worth having, actually. My efforts might serve as inspiration for a project and as a cautionary tale on a deep-dive restoration at the same time. I’d hate to see someone get buried in a restored grill if their financial position is such that they can’t afford to hold onto it for any length of time. For me, my grill habit is funded solely by fun money and will always be just a hobby. A tolerant wife helps a lot, too.

Last edited:
The sad part is that so few outside of this forum will recognize is that grill; properly maintained, will outlast virtually any grill purchased brand new today. And not just by a couple of years.

Beautiful example of an over-the-top reconditioning. Hell. In the automotive world, that is a concours level restoration.

Bravo sir, it is beautiful. Good luck with the sale!

Back