MY EYES ARE BIGGER THAN MY PIT!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">These are cooking much fast than I was anticipating. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Uh oh. Now you did it. By uttering that very phrase, you have assured yourself of the hitting the world's longest above-160 plateau.
icon_wink.gif

I did a 6-butt cook a while back, and I think it took right at 20 hours - 8 pm one day till around 2:15 pm or so the next, if I remember right. You're not far from done.

How much does that one huge butt weigh???

Keri C, smokin' on Tulsa Time (dba HOT WIRE BBQ)

Larry,
All I can say is that if you "sample" as much of the stuff as I do WHILE you are pulling it you are going to be one sick puppy by the time you finish pulling all of that. You going to pull it all or pull some and slice some? You're getting close to being able to yank a couple of 'em off if you're going to slice.

Larry, What the heck? Are they done yet or are you still cooking that monster one?
icon_eek.gif
Well anyhoo let us know how it went.
icon_smile.gif

Okay I'm done! Kerry, you bout hit the nail on the head. I put them on around 7pm, and 5 of them were done around 1pm. But the big boy prolly weighed at least 10lbs. It was definitely a majority of the 15lb pack. 5 of them rested in a cooler for 4 hours while the big boy finished. Then it rested for about an hour. They're pulled, packed up and ready for the party. Hope the crowd enjoys it, there's definitely alot of MEAT!

Those look amazing! How come your butts have that pretty red color to them and mine have come out much darker and blacker?

Back