My $8 C/L Performer

Daris

TVWBB Member
I jumped on a Craigslist ad Friday and came home with this. I thought it was a misprint or a joke when I saw the $8 price. I offered to pay cash, and pick it up that night. A woman called me after about 30 minutes and told me to come get it. Her husband even helped put it in the back of my truck.

It has replacement charcoal baskets, a little rust, it's missing the tank, and the ash catcher needs a new handle.

performer.JPG

Last edited:
Where on CL does a person look for grills. I've been there a couple of Times looking for a Vintage Camping Trailer. John

I simply search for "weber" in the main page. I'm building an air cooled VW motor, so Weber carbs or Weber BBQ's work for me.

Nice score. It seems like people in Denver are way too savvy to post deals this good. One guy has been trying to sell a used weber genesis rotisserie kit for $100 for 2 years.

Had a cl post here for a performer, new, for $299. I called him to ask if price was right and he said yes it was. I said, but I can buy a new one at HD for the same price, why should I buy yours? He said, because it is new. So, I said, do you deliver it? He said no. I said HD will, so that's a better deal, and they will take it back if somethings wrong with it.

I offered $200 and he turned me down.:p))))):::::::::::::::>> d

The only difference between that and the BGE is about $992.00!
Great buy. You will have plenty of fun cookin Q now!

David, great story.

I ordered the correct Weber cover (7801) and a replacement ash catcher handle. My wife instantly noticed that my $8 BBQ was now a $68 BBQ, and not as good a deal anymore. Marrying a smart girl seemed like a good idea at the time. I'm going to have to stop telling her about the accessories.

still a good deal!! Ya still got a couple hundred to spend and you are still ahead of the game....of course not as ahead as when you first got it..............

Congrats on the great deal!

Got my Performer for $125 in a little better condition but missing the tank, hose & regulator and I was happy to get it for that price.

Nice score. It seems like people in Denver are way too savvy to post deals this good. One guy has been trying to sell a used weber genesis rotisserie kit for $100 for 2 years.

yeah, i havent seen performers for any lower than $100 here in Denver............$8 is a steal! i did however find a blue weber OTG made in 2010 in great shape at a garage sale for $5 :)

all you need is a good deal on some charcoal... now where could u get that???

just missed out on the lowes/home depot kingsford blue 20lb two packs for $9.99 over labor day.....

i lucked out and heard of the sale and now have 160lbs of kingsford blue in my garage for my grilling needs. now if walmart would ever have a good sale on royal oak for my smoker that would be even better!

David, great story.

I ordered the correct Weber cover (7801) and a replacement ash catcher handle. My wife instantly noticed that my $8 BBQ was now a $68 BBQ, and not as good a deal anymore. Marrying a smart girl seemed like a good idea at the time. I'm going to have to stop telling her about the accessories.

You got a great deal! But yes, sometimes discretion is the better part of....Webervalor!

Last edited:
Oh man, I never count the extra stuff or tax when I buy stuff. I just tell her the original price and hope she doesn't ask. Sometimes she doesn't. ;-)

Joint checking so she was going to see the new cover and the charge from the retailer. Figured it was better to confess than get caught. I ordered a 550 Spyder kit car a couple months ago and have been building a motor and gathering parts. Think she's starting to wonder if the spending will ever end. I did promise to get rid of my 15 year old One-touch silver. Gave it to a buddy. Sent her a link to the Weber family photo page. Hated to throw you guys under the bus, but told her at least I'm not as bad as (some of) you guys.

You got a great deal! But yes, sometimes discretion is the better part of....Webervalor! I did the same thing last year when I picked up this beauty

004-1.jpg

for $30.00. I also bought a new cover to protect it and found new stainless steel table parts on CL and replaced them, even though it didn't need it. These older Weber Performers are well worth it even with a couple of upgrades.

Todd,
that's beauty!

jasper

I jumped on a Craigslist ad Friday and came home with this. I thought it was a misprint or a joke when I saw the $8 price. I offered to pay cash, and pick it up that night. A woman called me after about 30 minutes and told me to come get it. Her husband even helped put it in the back of my truck.

It has replacement charcoal baskets, a little rust, it's missing the tank, and the ash catcher needs a new handle.

performer.JPG

So your the guy that beat me to it!!! Congrats. Just got a Blue SS for $20.00 in Cypress. Had to drive a whole 3 blocks.

Back