My 26" kettle island

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dan, that setup rocks!

Mine is more enclosed then yours and I have no noticeable issues with ventilation and desired temps, can’t image it is a problem here.

Gary

Dan...I really enjoyed those pics...great work...it looks to be more wide open than I first thought it was.
Gary said that his is more closed in and hasn't noticed any drop in ventilation so that's good and better than I first thought as coals need to draw up air for burning and to provide that convection oven effect when lid is closed.

I was thinking however, if you were going to close in the other side (eg; the more open side) you might be better to maybe use some kind of sliding or concertina door set-up as you, family or any guests walking around the grill-station will be bangin' their legs up on the outward open doors if they are open to provide ventilation/air......this is coming from somebody (me) who has banged his leg up on many open doors hehehe

Cheers

Davo

Thanks guys! Still working it. Have started to close off the back but still need to trim the bottom and mock up the countertop. Next after that is some built-in coal and wood storage, planning to keep them in steam table pans I'll make a grid for in the bottom of that center section. More to come for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back