My 22.5 has arrived... EARLY!!

Put it all together in about 15 minutes with no instructions. It was easy given all the videos and info on this site I have been drolling over for the past month.

Couple of notes:

Bad
-The door sucks... didn't seal at all (I bent it to shape as best as I could) and I question its reliability.
-The seal on the firebox portion and the center tube piece was slightly out but not as bad as some I have seen. Gonna do the tin foil trick to seal it

Good
-The porcelin enamel seal look very impressive
-Great fit with all screws and all were complete
-Well packed
-Plastic handles are better quality then they appear in videos.. I like them
-Thermometer is accurate

I couldn't wait to smoke so I fired up a Minion small fire and threw a fattie on. I foiled the pan and left it dry and used lump coal. Ran up to 225 in no time and i slowly backed of the air flow with lower vents until I hit 250. BY FAR the easiest to control of any BBQ I have used. At sun down the wind picked up which I easily compensated for.

Verdict: 9.5/10 amazing buy only reason why it isn t a 10 is the couple bads listed. Time to smoke my *** off to prep for my first comp on June 21st!!

Thanks for all the help in making the right purchase moderators and forum community
icon_wink.gif

yeaht eh door is my biggest beef i fiddled withthe door on my 22 for almost two hours before i was happier with it. its easy to bend into shape but getting that shap just right on a big huge aluminum door is a pain. i would rahter just not have a door almost than to fiddle with the wsm door. thats my only complaint with wsms

Back