My 1st Turkey Breast/1st smoke on WSM

All I can say is WOW, I had a older, cheaper charcoal smoker, a gas one and an electric one as well. I did my first Turkey breast ever on my new WSM. I was nervous about not brining so I only did a three pounder to start. Couldn't get my lid temp any lower then 250 degrees but man oh man is this thing good. I used the wild willys wonderful chicken rub from smoke n spice rubbed all over and under the skin and left it overnight. Was at 150 degrees at 2hrs, foiled it and it hit 160 degrees at 2 1/2 hrs. Pulled it, rested it for 1/2hr sliced it and it may very well be the best turkey breast I ever had. My biggest surprise was it dialed in at 150 and never strayed, still at 150 3hrs later and i threw my second one on as we speak now that I know it didn't dry out. I was also surprised along with the neighbors how bad the blue bag kingsford smoked and smelled though. Not sure I'll keep using it. Anyway excited for the homemade club sandwhiches we are having tonight for dinner, Ken

Ken, I do not remember much conversation about foiling turkey breasts...most seemed to b concerned about crisp skin. If moist bird is more a concern than skin being crisp then your foiling technique makes a lot of sense-particularly if one didn't brine. Good idea.

Back