My 1st Craigslist Find Summit Silver For Free

Davew, yes I am referring to the lined part. That really is disappointing to hear that the lines piece discolors. But things can be done to remedy it. My dad thinks it is hot rolled aluminum.

Ryan, just about any thinner metal like this will discolor under heat, just like stainless flavorizer bars or burners. If the liner wasn't there, then the exterior of the hood itself would get discolored. To me, the discoloration under the hood isn't a concern. It's like having a dirty/seasoned cookbox. It's something to be expected.

To me, I'm just anal about things and receiving something for a project, I like to get back to "new" or "better" than what I bought it in...so far haven't spent much of anything so it's really not to big of a deal. Do what I can and call weber if I need a shroud or cookbox. 25year warranty on both according to nice lady over the phone. All I think I need is the crossover tubes and maybe some better bolts and cotter pins. No biggie. Any who, thanks for all your inputs. Always appreciated

No, the warranty is transferable. I asked and registered mine. If they want to raise a stink I'll raise one back

Back