Must Be Getting Old

When life gets in the way of your cooking, its time to rearrange your priorities. Nice set up!

Is that your first cook with the Pitmaster. I am looking for something like that so I can get a little freedom during my cooks. Where did you get it and do you recommend it?

Is that your first cook with the Pitmaster. I am looking for something like that so I can get a little freedom during my cooks. Where did you get it and do you recommend it?

I got it directly from the Pitmaster. Mine is the older analog monitor and for $140 I think it is worth it. The new digital model is $200 and has a wider temp range, can be programmed to change temps partway through a cook and has various alarms. I am happy with the analog model.

It's a good view, but why is your CB door seemingly heat stained? Never seen that before.

Good question. I have a picture from 0ct 2010 (shortly after I got it) and there is no stain. The next picture I have is from Nov 2011 and the stain is there. I don't know what would cause this. I have had the temps run into the mid 300's so I don't know if the coals got hot enough at the bottom to cause this. It also looks like it stops at about the water pan.

It doesn't seem to be an issue, just a little unsightly.

Back