Mounting A DigiQ to an OTG

Status
Not open for further replies.

R L Bagwell

TVWBB Pro
Folks:

After some thought, rather than using fire bricks/foiling the grate for temp controls, I'm wondering if I might be better off just buying a $17.00 standard Weber adapter and mounting my DigiQ DX to my OTG as necessary.

Two things causing me some apprehension are (1) drilling a hole in the bowl to accommodate the adapter (I know it can be mounted on the upper vent, but I think it would be more efficient attached directly to the bowl and underneath/close to the charcoal grate) - here's the link to the site describing the process:

http://www.thebbqguru.com/pdf/...r_Charcoal_Grill.pdf

and (2) the fact that the device possesses, according to BBQ Guru, the ability to "learn" the characteristics of the particular smoker - by way of "a full-time adaptive control algorithm" - in order to perform its tasks more effectively. It would seem that switching between my OTG and my WSM might tend to confuse the little guy.

That said, are there any OTG owners with a DigiQ II (or DX, the latest version) out there, and if so, have they tried to mount it as described in the link?

Any input would be appreciated.

Regards,

Rooster

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back