Mothership picked up

Anthony Spitzer

TVWBB Super Fan
Finally made it to Chicago on Friday to pick up the Mothership I bought. 8 hrs and 480 miles round trip. Picked it up in an old Chicago neighborhood. Beautiful homes from the 1940s. Very nice gentleman I bought it from. He is closing his parents estate and said that he thought it had been in the family since the late 60's-early 70s. Thought that the last time it was used was in the mid 90s. Exceptionally clean inside. No buildup on the lid or kettle. A few scrapes here and there but in really good condition. The charcoal grate is warped pretty badly but will see if I can't straighten/flatten it out some. One edge of the cooking grate is bent in a little right where the flip up portion is to add charcoal. Legs and wheels are in great condition. The wire triangle has some rust but I think it will clean up. The one handle on the kettle has some rust issues and is a little loose but it is the one at the back - not the one at the front leg position. It still had the original thumb screws to hold the legs. It included the rotisserie ring that also is in very good condition. It has the mount for the motor and the chrome is flaking some on it but is not bent. He said that the motor and spit have long been lost. He didn't remember the last time he even saw them. If anyone has information on the specs for the spit I will try to reproduce one and find a motor that will fit.I will get some photos taken and post them as I get it cleaned up later this week. I am excited to have a cook on it. Maybe a suckling pig or a small goat?

Attachments

• Ranch Kettle & Rotisserie.jpg
    Ranch Kettle & Rotisserie.jpg
    167 KB · Views: 69
  • Inside lid.jpg
    Inside lid.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 68
  • Inside.jpg
    Inside.jpg
    191.1 KB · Views: 66
  • Leg Wheel Triangle.jpg
    Leg Wheel Triangle.jpg
    110 KB · Views: 64
  • Motor bracket.jpg
    Motor bracket.jpg
    143.7 KB · Views: 62
  • Wheel.jpg
    Wheel.jpg
    139.4 KB · Views: 68
That's really cool. I have never seen the rotisserie ring for one of those. What an awesome find! My wife would kill me if I made a road trip like that, but if it were left to my own devices, I would be right there with you. ENJOY :coolkettle: !

She hasn't seen it yet. She knew I was going to pick up a Rotisserie Cooker. Probably will only bring it home for a cook and will store it here at work the rest of the time. It will take up a lot of room on the deck and I already have 3 other kettles there plus a gasser.

Thanks everyone. I'll post some more photos after I get it cleaned up. Busy here at work so it may be a couple of weeks. Yes EricV., $669.99 on Ebay. I haven't seen one for sale close to me and I was happy with that price. Looking forward to cooking on it.

Back