More Meatloafs w/pics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shawn, Pics turned out great. The best part about meatloafs are the million ways you can make them. I try something different everytime and so far they all come out good. Some say I use to much smoke, but that is the way I like it. One thing I do is line the pan with slices of bread to soak up grease. I may try one on a rack soon but thought the meat might stick to it. There always is a better way, that I am sure of.
Good job Shawn!
DP.

The pics look great.

For folks that like smoking meatloafs in pans, but don't like them sitting in their juices, when I smoked mine, I bought disposable foil pans that had an absorbant bottom. I think Glad makes them. The bottom soaked up all of the grease so that the meatloafs stayed nice and grease free. Clean up was a breeze too.

Thanks.

-Brandon

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Griff:
Great job Shawn. I'm curious, what was the outside temp?

Griff <HR></BLOCKQUOTE> it was between 30F - 40F Griff, 'naked' WSM (no smoking jacket yet), wind was mostly calm but gusting at times

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> ... I bought disposable foil pans that had an absorbant bottom ... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE> that's a neat idea Brandon, I will have to look for them, thanks

Shawn, When I have done meatloaf I have done them in loaf bread pans for about 2hrs. It has then set up enough so that you can slide it out of the pan on to the grate. Works pretty good.
Great Pics!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Shawn W:
I'll see what I can do about Old Bay, thnx for the info <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Shawn: Just to let you know, I found Old Bay in the spice section of IGA tonight, you'll probably find it in Calgary. Bought some of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back