Modified chimney for Performer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark R-S

TVWBB Fan
I just got a new Performer, and have used it twice so far. Both times I used a chimney to light the coals, but I wondered if the chimney would work better with the Performer if the bottom, slotted section were removed to bring the coals closer to the flame.

The chimney's designed to be used with a piece or newspaper or a lighter cube burning in the bottom section, but with the Performer the flame comes from under the grate and doesn't reach so high. Cutting the bottom section off the chimney might enable the hottest part of the flame to reach the coals and light them faster. Before I butcher my chimney, I wondered if anybody has already tried this?

-Mark.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I flipped my chimney bottom over so the cone points down. Holds more charcoal! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Now that's a good Idea... I'm gonna try that.

Thanks

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Douglas Perry:
I flipped my chimney bottom over so the cone points down. Holds more charcoal! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Literally just, turned it upside down?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back