Missing front panel on Spirit 700

HankBates

TVWBB Super Fan
Thinking back, I can remember this thing falling off several years ago, putting it aside, and now I can't find it.
It was used on many grills prior to the advent of Genesis Silver B, when its 3 sided panel replaced its function.
Seems to like this might fit and be much more secure than the original one.
Anybody tried this?

Attachments

• front panel.png
    front panel.png
    29.7 KB · Views: 9
  • 3 sided panel.png
    3 sided panel.png
    52.1 KB · Views: 9
Hi Hank.

Can you post a pic of your 700?

Not sure from the exploded parts diagram what you are looking for.

Yep, I'm familiar with that first one, the genesis 1000 grills all have that panel. I'm also familiar with paying $9.00 for one of the little plastic plugs that hold it on. That second panel does look nice, but I've never seen one. I'm also pretty sure you can't buy that first style panel new anymore. Did you find a source for that other one?

The part used on 700-1000s is shown in the installation instruction clip below.
The part which was used on early Genesis Bs is item 43 in the revised second drawing below.
If it will work, most any early 00-01 and perhaps later genesis B's should have it.
It would cover up all of the partially exposed valve and manifold parts and might look nicer.......

Attachments

• 700 front panel.png
    700 front panel.png
    55.8 KB · Views: 7
  • 3 sided panel.png
    3 sided panel.png
    63 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG-0034.jpg
    IMG-0034.jpg
    286.4 KB · Views: 9
The piece from a 2000 silver B fits on a genesis 1000 frame perfectly.

I installed it on my multi year 1000, with lots of silver B trim added.

Two bolts on the frame legs hold it in place, and it sits between the frame and the control panel on the RH side.

A plastic Silver B condiment tray mounts in front of it without any fitment issues.

20220523_101745.jpg
20220523_101700.jpg
20220523_101812.jpg

That looks like a win-win for most purposes:
1. Fits in place.
2. Bolts in place and is supported by control panel bolts there already.
3. At other end hooks on to two bolts either already in place or easily(?) installed.
4. Provides a cleaner and more finished look.

Perhaps not useful for someone doing a totally accurate restoration on earlier grills.
But works for me, I'd want one even when I find an original front panel.
Thanks, Dan!

If that part works, it's still available from appliance factory parts .com It's Weber part # 60128
Thanks, Steve
If I follow the links on this their listing only shows that it was used only on 3 enclosed frame versions of 2002-03 silver Bs, and would be a special order item from Weber (i. e. not stocked). Sounds kind of strange.... Could it be that it has some strange mod making it useful only on one of these?

The piece from a 2000 silver B fits on a genesis 1000 frame perfectly.

I installed it on my multi year 1000, with lots of silver B trim added.

Two bolts on the frame legs hold it in place, and it sits between the frame and the control panel on the RH side.

A plastic Silver B condiment tray mounts in front of it without any fitment issues.

View attachment 51245
View attachment 51246
View attachment 51247
I think that looks right at home on the 1000. It looks a lot nicer than the standard one-sided panel to me. The fact that it attaches with the frame bolts and control panel screws means that it will never fall off and get lost.

I couldn't agree more.
I don't plan on buying a new one of these as there are lots of donor Genesis B's out there, and 99.9% of them will still have this part.
A good used one will match my 700, which I don't plan to completely restore. Better to save new for restored 1000's...
Thanks for finding the part number and listing, Steve.

Last edited:
Personally I prefer the look of the x000s with a nice warm wood tone, however the ease of care, cleanup and near zero maintenance of the silver B style trim is pretty appealing to me.

Yep, I'm familiar with that first one, the genesis 1000 grills all have that panel. I'm also familiar with paying $9.00 for one of the little plastic plugs that hold it on. That second panel does look nice, but I've never seen one. I'm also pretty sure you can't buy that first style panel new anymore. Did you find a source for that other one?
I'll sell you two plastic plugs for $9.00 Steve 😁

I'll sell you two plastic plugs for $9.00 Steve 😁
That's so nice of you! Actually, I'm missing one of those now. I have to try and find something else to use that only costs 50 cents. What I really need is to find another grill, but I'm not seeing very much around here still.

i learned today that the design of the 3 sided panel changed sometime between what Dan shows above and the later Genesis B's. I went to look at what must be an 02-03 and ended up bringing it home (another story), and found that the panel had become wider. It fits into slots in the legs, whereas earlier ones were secured into place with the bolts which secure the leg assembly to the top frame. Hope the photo shows it well.

I won't be using the panel from this machine because not only does it not properly fit the 700 but the Silver B is too nice to part out.

Attachments

• IMG-0051.jpg
    IMG-0051.jpg
    297.4 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG-0052.jpg
    IMG-0052.jpg
    143 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
The only vintage Silver B panel which will work by bolting into place is the 00-01 model. Irks me that one of the lid donors which I had access to was an 00-01, and I passed on bringing the frame and cook box home. Live and learn...

Last edited:
The only vintage Silver B which will work by bolting into place is the 00-01 model. Irks me that one of the lid donors which I had access to was an 00-01, and I passed on bringing the frame and cook box home. Live and learn...
I learn something every day.

Here is a 2002 Silver B with the slotted frame for the panel.

20220601_082104.jpg

The 2002 frame style does not have lower side to side cross bars so that's a quick way to tell it apart from the 2000/2001s.

20220601_082333.jpg

Last edited:

Back