Minor Problems About Build Construction of SMC

• Thread starter Thread starter Guest
  • Start date Start date

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

My WSM arrived in good shape. I have a slight out-of-round problem but if I put it together a certain way it fits good.

I have noticed that my center ring section is a different color than the charcoal bowl and the lid. It is a more charcoal grey than shiny black. Looks kind of strange. Just curious if anyone else has noticed this with their SMCs?

Hey Doug -
Just got mine about 2 months ago. My 3 sections
are all the same color black.
That doesn't sound quite right to me but don't really
know.

Sounds suspicious to me. I would call Weber Customer Service at 800-446-1071 and explain the situation. They will probably send a free replacement.

Any chance you can send me a digital photo of this abberation? If so, use the "Contact TVWB" link at the bottom of the page.

Regards,
Chris

I'll get a photo to you. Its not so obvious on overcast days, but on a bright sunny day with the sun shining right on it the color difference really stands out. As I look at it more this evening, maybe its just the way my concrete patio is being reflected on the various SMC parts.

Of course, the color doesn't affect the way it cooks. Just curious.

Doug

This is an old thread, but I noticed the other day that, in a certain light, my center section does indeed appear a slightly different color than the top and bottom-- kind of a subdued off-black. Might just be the way the light reflects off a cylinder as opposed to a sphere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back