Minion is the Man!

Started a 10-lb brisket last night around midnight using the minion method. The WSM was jamming at an even 225 this morning around 6:30. Just need to fill up the water bowl and I was able to go back to bed.

I think we need to commission Jim Minion's likeness on Mt. Rushmore or something for posterity. Future generations need to remember his great contribution to society.

Amen! Jim's taught a lot of us on here how to light a fire. I"ve got a neighbor who cooks on a WSM but's never been on this forum (not sure he even knows what the internet is). Told him I smoked my butts overnight and he couldn't figure out how I was able to keep the fire going so long without futzing with it.

I happily told him the story of a man name Jim and how "The Method" came to be.

Originally posted by Ronnie Ashlock:
Started a 10-lb brisket last night around midnight using the minion method. The WSM was jamming at an even 225 this morning around 6:30. Just need to fill up the water bowl and I was able to go back to bed.

I think we need to commission Jim Minion's likeness on Mt. Rushmore or something for posterity. Future generations need to remember his great contribution to society.

7589105082_b56339863a_o.jpg

I'm with you Ronnie! I talk about my q all the time to loving "customers" and I talk about the Minion like it's common language. They don't understand it, and it takes too long for me to explain it, but thankfully I know it myself. Thanks to Mr. Minion!

Back