Mild Rubs

Chet Kreidler

I haven't looked very extensively for this but I thought I would bring it up here. I was interested in some milder rubs for beef and pork. Occasionally I have people over that can't take all the spicyness of "normal" rubs do to health issues. Does any body have recommendations?

If you have meat that is rich in flavour in it self, why not use just salt and freshly ground pepper? I do it all the time on expensive parts of let's say a tenderloin. No need to hide away natural meat taste.

If i'ts pork, some fresh basil, thyme or some leek, perhaps?

Chet, how about some good old kosher salt or sea salt and freshly cracked pepper i use that 90% of the time. A little cummin and garlic not bad either. Good meat does not need a rub just a little salt and pepper.

Aloha Chet... Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper ALWAYS works. I roast whole hogs on a rotisserie and all I use is sea salt and some lemon grass stalks in the cavity.

joe

Wolfe Rub Original is my favorite "mild" rub. Larry can hook you up with the recipe. I don't think he sells it pre-packaged any more.

Pat

Back