Midnight Chuck Cook

wow, looks nice... i didnt figure one can make shredded beef. is this the same cut that's grounded for ground chuck hamburgers?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by danmarks:
wow, looks nice... i didnt figure one can make shredded beef. is this the same cut that's grounded for ground chuck hamburgers? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes.

Larry you are making me hungry. Looks good, real good. I havent cooked many of those but i like them better than PP. Next time I am useing WRB because i figure its good on everything else, why not.

Larry you mentioned 205 is that a good target temp or shoud the chuck be checked for tender(fork twisted tender) at hat point of temp.?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jefferey:
Larry,
Is this the best cut of meat for BBQ sandwiches in your opinion? That sure looks good! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

For shredded beef sandwiches, YES. Thanks

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by P. Kelly:
Larry you mentioned 205 is that a good target temp or shoud the chuck be checked for tender(fork twisted tender) at hat point of temp.? </div></BLOCKQUOTE> I use the temps as 'guides', the fork test for guarantees....If you can't put a fork in them and twist, they're not done no matter the temperature.

Larry that looks fantastic!

I bought a 10#er today to do over the weekend and I hope that it turns out as good as yours looks.

This thread has helped me out.

I will let you all know how it goes.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bill E.:
Larry

Do you add any sauce to it or just as is?
Looks pretty juicy and tasty all by it self. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't add any sauce when serving, but like to have Reverend Marvins Hot on the side, which goes great with pulled beef.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bill_W:
We cooked a 26 lb chuck roll a couple of years ago. Lotsa good beef there. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

is the 'whole' chuck roll the piece that will include the 'top blade roast = top blade steaks' cut?

Back