MID WEEK DINNER!

Darryl - swazies

TVWBB Diamond Member
Nothing overly special, but it really was very tasty. Used the vortex with NOT Jealous Devil, that was my first mistake. Used super premium yellow bag FOGO.
It works good for sure and tastes good, it just didn't maintain a 500 plus dome temp and fell closer to the 400 so I had to adjust for the cook with a little over the fire time at the end. Anyways, Vortex jumbo drumsticks, with 1 hunk of peach wood and I don't even know what to call these potatoes yet. I want to call them loaded baked potato fries. Sliced fairly thin, not too thin so they dry out or too thick because they are hard in the middle still, I had a couple like that. Brushed with olive oil, SPOG, and baked at 400. Took about 20 minutes then add green onion and pre cooked bacon. Then a few minutes before they are done add shredded cheese, I hit it with the broiler too for seconds. Crisp edges, soft in the middle like a french fry.
The drumsticks with no binder, just some killer hogs bbq and with it I tried something I have never used before.......FRANKS dry seasoning, not sure what it is supposed to be used on but it did add a medium amount of heat to the chicken. Would try it again to be sure.
Not sure how you think they look but they came out with crispy skin and tasted awesome. Whole cook took about 40 minutes or so once the fire was ready.
Thanks for looking.

Tonight is my second round at smash burgers....I may get a few pics up if I can find that burger thread again.

The Franks is like this, they have a lot of flavors but not really interested in buying this product too often.

1623427826906.png

And the grub.

1623427425973.png

1623427441420.png

1623427455450.png

1623427471517.png

1623427485253.png

I wrote this above.....

I don't even know what to call these potatoes yet. I want to call them loaded baked potato fries. Sliced fairly thin, not too thin so they dry out or too thick because they are hard in the middle still, I had a couple like that. Brushed with olive oil, SPOG, and baked at 400. Took about 20 minutes then add green onion and pre cooked bacon. Then a few minutes before they are done add shredded cheese, I hit it with the broiler too for seconds. Crisp edges, soft in the middle like a french fry.

I then added them to my plate with a side of sour creme and added tobasco sauce....
it was good, were you looking for more info on them??
Hand cut........
Russet potatoes, they have to be russet's to work right for that soft center I think.

Those drumsticks look fantastic, beautiful color!
The potatoes also caught my eye - and I like Timothy's name for them.
Thanks for the details. When I make them, they will be served as "Canadian Shingles" instead of boring ole French Fries! :D

Thanks for looking!
Canadian shingles.......also sounds like a skin irritation.....
Loaded baked potato fries is a long name....

I wrote this above.....

I don't even know what to call these potatoes yet. I want to call them loaded baked potato fries. Sliced fairly thin, not too thin so they dry out or too thick because they are hard in the middle still, I had a couple like that. Brushed with olive oil, SPOG, and baked at 400. Took about 20 minutes then add green onion and pre cooked bacon. Then a few minutes before they are done add shredded cheese, I hit it with the broiler too for seconds. Crisp edges, soft in the middle like a french fry.

I then added them to my plate with a side of sour creme and added tobasco sauce....
it was good, were you looking for more info on them??
Hand cut........
Russet potatoes, they have to be russet's to work right for that soft center I think.
I just didn’t read the whole thing, d’uh! Looks really nice, I’m thinking cutting them about 4mm, wire rack indirect on the kettle, using my Misto to oil them.
I have a couple of nice bakers just waiting for something like this!👍👍

If you make them let me know how you like it......I tried not to overload it with bacon and cheese but the pieces with more toppings was tasty for sure. I use a wire rack for homemade Russet fries because I need a crispy as possible but these still need to stay moist in the middle and flat on an oven pan did that for me. You can cook the heck out of them on a wire rack and call them chips but it seems too dry wouldn't be near as good.
Good luck!

Back