MG90 servo source for adapt a damper

Nathan Stock

I'm looking to build the 15 cfm adapt a damper for my UDS.

There are a lot of options available.... any to avoid? I have not been able to find a TowerPro.

There are some on Amazon with decent reviews.

I learned that there are two US approved sellers for TowerPro servos:

They are not cheap. Especially compared to all the knockoffs on Amazon. Not even close in price. I took the risk and got some cheap Amazon ones. Not a huge deal to replace them. Plus Amazon is so good about returns now. Just make sure they all work when you get them.

Another option proving to be reliable for several members are the vorpal tower pro MG90

These servos have been around for forever. They are themselves knockoffs from an earlier design.

My hobby is radio controlled model aircraft. Thousands of these servos are in use in models all over the world. Buy the cheapest you can find. Give them a quick test, the failure mode is "fails straight out of the box or they work forever".

Tom

Here's four of'em for 9 bucks.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07MLR1498/?tag=tvwb-20

As I said, I have been running these servos for a LONG time. There is no need to waste money getting "premium" SG-90 servos, there's no such thing. They are ALL generic. Tower Pro is just one of the vendors and there are HUNDREDS of others. This is one of the most popular model plane servos ever made.

But, it's your money.

Tom

Here's four of'em for 9 bucks.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07MLR1498/?tag=tvwb-20

As I said, I have been running these servos for a LONG time. There is no need to waste money getting "premium" SG-90 servos, there's no such thing. They are ALL generic. Tower Pro is just one of the vendors and there are HUNDREDS of others. This is one of the most popular model plane servos ever made.

But, it's your money.

Tom
Think he's questioning MG90S servos. SG90s are a different beast. All seem to work even the cheap imitations, but not in the case of the MG90S servos and counterfeits.

They are all the same form factor. The MG versions have metal gears, which I have found to be unnecessary.

Tom

They are all the same form factor. The MG versions have metal gears, which I have found to be unnecessary.

Tom
Nope. Not the same form factor. MG90S servos are a different physical size then SG90 (primarily on how they mount into a fixture such as a Damper). They are not directly swappable.

Last edited:

Back