Meze

Wolgast

TVWBB Olympian
Or something like it. One of my childhood friends came from the middle east,and everytime i got served brakfast @ there house it was an pleasure. So this is my take of it "tv snack style".

(Dolma)Pickled vine leaves filled with a mix of: Minced Pork/Beef(50/50)/onion(grated)/red Bell/cumin/vegeta/salt/black pepper.

And then the same minced mix with added Garlic/parsley/cayenne...?evap?i?i style.

Added some sliced baguette with some garlic/parsley oil brushed on for bruschetta´s.

Dinner is served:bruschetta,?evap?i?i,Lebanese bread,hummus,Feta filled olives,greek yogurt with some acacia honey,Aioli,dolma.

Good eats!

Great Job with the Dolmas. The ?evap?i?i remind me of Cypriot keftedes (beef/pork, shredded potato/onion parsley and mint, S/P).
Meze for sure. Little bit of many things. Fantastic
icon_wink.gif

Daniel, when are you going to open The Wolgast Smörgåsbord Restaurangen?

Everything looks Perfekt!

Efter maten dricker jag nästan aldrig starksprit. Om det inte är något bus på gång.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Incredible! You did it again Daniel! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
True that! Everything looks delicious and authentic. My wife occasionally makes dolma; its been too long... I'll have to show her this to inspire her.

That looks fantastic.

We love to make stuffed grape leaves. We stuff with a mix of beef, bulgur wheat, rice, tomato, onion, and spices. Then simmer gently in chicken stock and lemon juice.

Another Mid-Eastern dish we make is kibbe. I posted some pics and recipe on that last week.

I usually order meze when I'm in Greece.
I have a greek friend that runs a small restaurant in a fishing village on Crete. This meal reminds me of the "special treat meal" he serves when I visit.
The dolmades looks fantastic, but they are usually without meat.
I am more than impressed.

Lord Have Mercy! I don't know what all that is but Darn, it sure looks good!

Those look like Sycamore tree leafs the meat is wrapped in.

Back