Memphis BBQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

PJ Polke

TVWBB Member
Its been a heck of a winter here in the Northeast and it's affecting my ability and motivation to BBQ. So I'm going to Memphis for a fix of ribs. I'll do this now and again to cure the winter blues - the question to everyone is; Who has the best ribs in Memphis?

PJ, While at the Rendevous ask for Pat Donahue, tell him I sent you, and see if he will give you a kitchen tour. He manages the mail order side of the business and is a great guy. We ship approximately 10 packages a month of Rendevous Ribs to business associates, and it is an excellent way to build goodwill. I would highly recommend it to anyone who needs this type of corporate gift. I don't want to put a shameless plug in here, but they are really first class folks. Anyone interested can call Pat at 1-888-hogs-fly.

While you are in Memphis, do not miss the chance to sample "Gus' World Famous Fried Chicken" along with your barbeque. Also, it would not be a Memphis trip without a drink in the lobby of the Peabody Hotel. Memphis is a cool town, and you will find everyone very friendly there. Have a great trip, and tell the King hello!

So the Rendevous it is...I've actually been to Memphis several times - but always on business (and yes, to see the ducks make their way into the fountain at the Peabody is a sight). This time it's for me so business etiquette be damned - I'm going for ribs! And I will, of course, say hello to the King...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back