Mediterranean chicken and lots of veggies

Brett-EDH

TVWBB Hall of Fame
It’s summer (almost) so bring on the light and healthy foods.

Eggplants

1686537160396.jpeg

Added zukes and tomatoes

1686537197818.jpeg

Added red onions and bell peppers

1686537300090.jpeg

All colored up

1686537323273.jpeg

And then the chicken, BS breasts and skin on boneless thighs.

1686537392104.jpeg

Near the finish line

1686538018455.jpeg

Everybody need a grill guard

1686538090713.jpeg

Temping up the chicken. And then done.

1686538514548.jpeg

Chef’s 🧑‍🍳 plate

1686540689702.jpeg

Attachments

• 1686537362800.jpeg
    1686537362800.jpeg
    209.1 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
We needed your dog on the boat to bite that stupid Leopard shark than tangled all our lines :)
Tell us about the Mediterranean Marinade. This is something I'm most interested in doing

Chef's plate might have missed some veggies...????
Also tell us more on why summer = light healthy foods.......
And then tell us what happens in winter time.......I need to improve and I don't know the rules!

We needed your dog on the boat to bite that stupid Leopard shark than tangled all our lines :)
Tell us about the Mediterranean Marinade. This is something I'm most interested in doing
He’d try to play with the shark and realize he’d lose quickly. He’s a good eater and likes to play, for sure.

The chicken is this recipe sans the yogurt. I don’t like yogurt on chicken as a tenderizer. It just seems weird to me.

I also don’t like to skewer veggies and meat together as they cook at different rates and I don’t want raw chicken touching other foods. Safety issue for me.

I prefer to put some color on the chicken and them move to indirect to get to temp. This keeps the meat juicy and more flavorful. I also up all the ingredients for more flavor.

A 30 minute countertop marinate is all that’s needed with the lemon juice. If you go longer, the lemon juice starts to change the protein’s texture.

This is a simple meal with lots of flavor. And the veggies really fill you up. In a good way.

Last edited:
I also don’t like to skewer veggies and meat together as they cook at different rates and I don’t want raw chicken touching other foods. Safety issue for me.

I prefer to put some color on the chicken and them move to indirect to get to temp. This keeps the meat juicy and more flavorful. I also up all the ingredients for more flavor.

Please give my wife a call and talk some sense into her...........
She was going off this past weekend about never getting shish kabobs......I tried to explain to her what you just said in one sentence. She seemed to have an answer for everything I said to her.

Chef's plate might have missed some veggies...????
Also tell us more on why summer = light healthy foods.......
And then tell us what happens in winter time.......I need to improve and I don't know the rules!
I cut up my veggies on the plate first and then topped it with rice and chicken. This way the rice absorbs all the tomato juices and such and adds more flavor to the rice. Old habit I guess.

Summer = lighter food here as our summers can be over 100°F consistently. We just don’t eat as much or as heavy in the summer time. More seafood, chicken and veggies (and wine).

We tend to eat more red meat and fattier foods in the cooler months. They’re more filling.

Also in the summer, we usually move to 2 meals a day and two very lighter meals.

Something about the heat makes you less hungry and more thirsty. The margs come out in the summer here. Love a good frozen marg.

By you, you can probably eat as you want in any season. The heat here can really wear you down, and quickly.

Please give my wife a call and talk some sense into her...........
She was going off this past weekend about never getting shish kabobs......I tried to explain to her what you just said in one sentence. She seemed to have an answer for everything I said to her.
DM me her number and I’ll set her straight, in a kind and nice way.

Kabob all the meats you want, just keep the veggies separate

I cut up my veggies on the plate first and then topped it with rice and chicken. This way the rice absorbs all the tomato juices and such and adds more flavor to the rice. Old habit I guess.

Summer = lighter food here as our summers can be over 100°F consistently. We just don’t eat as much or as heavy in the summer time. More seafood, chicken and veggies (and wine).

We tend to eat more red meat and fattier foods in the cooler months. They’re more filling.

Also in the summer, we usually move to 2 meals a day and two very lighter meals.

Something about the heat makes you less hungry and more thirsty. The margs come out in the summer here. Love a good frozen marg.

By you, you can probably eat as you want in any season. The heat here can really wear you down, and quickly.
I understand what you are saying, never visited Cali or Arizona but I heard it's pretty warm.....been to Vegas and that weekend apparently they set a heat record.....it was bloody hot....so I hear yah.
We get 30C here which is something a bit more than 90F.....30 is regular for 3 months anyways.
But we are located in the middle of the great lakes, to have 4 months easy with 100% humidity is no uncommon.
I look outside and start sweating.......we do maybe change how much we eat but not really what we eat I guess.....
BBQ season is all year, but slows down to almost a halt for the month of February.
Also the cocktails are plentiful in these warm summer months......sitting out on the deck makes me thirsty apparently.

Last edited:
DM me her number and I’ll set her straight, in a kind and nice way.

Kabob all the meats you want, just keep the veggies separate
yeah this I know.....but honestly any protein not cut into little pieces is going to be better.....I gave up on kabobs a couple years back, basically a year or so after I moved from gas to charcoal.

I understand what you ae saying, never visited Cali or Arizona but I heard it's pretty warm.....been to Vegas and that weekend apparently they set a heat record.....it was bloody hot....so I hear yah.
We get 30C here which is something a bit more than 90F.....30 is regular for 3 months anyways.
But we are located in the middle of the great lakes, to have 4 months easy with 100% humidity is no uncommon.
I look outside and start sweating.......we do maybe change how much we eat but not really what we eat I guess.....
BBQ season is all year, but slows down to almost a halt for the month of February.
Also the cocktails are plentiful in these warm summer months......sitting out on the deck makes me thirsty apparently.
mmmm, humidity at 100%! my fave, not!

Yeah I have had this recipe up since your last cook, going yogurt- less also and am going to try it in the next week. Also going to try to make a homemade homemade version of the Rice a Roni with vermicelli to go with it.

Yeah I have had this recipe up since your last cook, going yogurt- less also and am going to try it in the next week. Also going to try to make a homemade homemade version of the Rice a Roni with vermicelli to go with it.
If you can’t find vermicelli easily, just break up some angel hair pasta. It’ll work too.

Add more spices than the recipe calls for if you like it flavorful. Chicken takes flavor well and easily.

Post your results when you’re done, please.

Bring on the summer and the 100+ days... its always 85 in the pool :)

Attachments

• pool.jpg
    pool.jpg
    175.6 KB · Views: 4

Back