meatloaf...again! what are you smoking this weekend?

Greg

TVWBB Super Fan
i can't get enough of that smokey meatloaf! my wife and i are having some friends over for dinner, so i'm going to whip up a loaf on the WSM. should be a hit!

a friend of mine is going in for hernia surgery today, so i thought i would smoke a batch of ribs on sunday and take a slab to him. i know i wouldn't be up for cooking after surgery!

so, what are you smokin'?

Tonight - I start the Pork butts
Saturday - Finish up the butts.. Then 2 corn beefs for pastrami while DW makes and puts up a dozen half pints of BBQ sauce.
Sunday - 30 pounds of bacon which has been curing all week. Slice once it has cooled enough.
Of course all this is while we are having a good winter storm. Hope it doesn't mess up the cooking temps too much.. I was outside snowblowing the drive at 5 am this morning.. We had 8 inches of snow followed by freezing rain last night. Made snowblowing difficult to say the least.. The trees have a layer of ice on them.

Originally posted by Tom Hewitt:
Tonight - I start the Pork butts
Saturday - Finish up the butts.

nice! i'm going to smoke 4 butts for a holiday party! the best part of smoking/grilling/bbq for me, is that i still drool when i think about the finished product!

4 briskets going on the Weber magnum smoker tonight.

10 pounds of sharp cheddar being smoked on Sunday. Going to give it out to the neighbors as holiday gifts this year instead of the usual candy/cookie tray.

Probably throw some brats on the smoker for Sunday lunch as well.

Doing a big turkey and a ham for a friend on Saturday, probably do a fattie for myself when those come off. Sunday, going to do some sausage. Make 10# of italian last weekend, may fiddle with some hot links this weekend.

I've got a big day planned for Sunday. Going to smoke a 10lb bone-in picnic shoulder roast, a 6lb boneless leg of lamb, and 4 racks of spares. The smoker is going to be crammed! I've got a really nice boneless shoulder roast, too, but I'll make cochinita pibil with it on Christmas day, and I'll be doing it in the oven.

I am laid up after knee surgery so nothing for me.

As soon as I am off these crutches though its on again. Also, hopefully I will be getting a wireless bridge for christmas so the stoker will finally be online!!

Tom, that snow does not sound like fun. Better you than me
icon_smile.gif

1 pork butt.
icon_frown.gif
Butt, I found some cryo's of IBP brand at our local BJ's (Sam's hasn't had any IBP in months!!
icon_mad.gif
) so I picked up 2, giving me 3 more butts. My motorized meat ginder is just about done (finally
7.gif
) so sausage is the plan!
icon_smile.gif

Bill

EDIT: But, I'm having a couple Italian Sausages from Redlinski's (medium spice) tonight.
icon_biggrin.gif

Originally posted by Jeff Smith:
Tom
I have bought meat both places but am not familiar with IBP. What is it?
Tom?
6.gif

IBP = Iowa Beef Processors, Inc., now known as Tyson Fresh Meats. Sam's has been carrying unmarked cryo twins as of late and after purchasing a case, found out they were Farmland. Weights varied anywhere between 8 lbs/butt down to 4.5, and none of the cryo's in the case had matching (equal weight) butts. Finished product wasn't as good either. At least they weren't enhanced.

Bill

the meatloaf was a hit with our guests! served with roasted small yellow potatoes, and seasoned green beans. they were a bit skeptical on the way it was cooked until they took the first bite!

I just put on two racks of spares. I'll add 6 chicken breasts later. Did the usual Turkey breast and Fresh Ham for Thanksgiving. I wish I had thought ahead to make some ABTS while I have the thing fired up. Hmmm a trip to the store may ne in order.

I just put the chicken breasts on. Man I'd hate to have met THOSE chickens on the street. These are the Dolly Parton of Chicken breasts. Could just barely get them all on the bottom rack.

Whew... Put the butts on Friday night at 9 and pulled them off Saturday at noon. Then on went the pastrami which I took off at 9:30 Saturday night. Started with the bacon at 9 Sunday morning and finished slicing it at 4:30 that afternoon. Then we went out delivering Christmas presents.. Got home last night and had a pulled pork sandwich.. And that finished up all the pulled pork.. Have enough pastrami for lunches 2 days this week and that is gone.. I put 7 pounds of bacon in the freezer after giving out the gifts.. Guess I should have put another butt on there and another corned beef..

Back