meat prices

• Thread starter Thread starter Guest
  • Start date Start date

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks again everyone,

I went to Sam's on Saturday and signed up. Everyone was right about the choice, because I saved almost $2/# on baby backs. I almost covered my costs with my first visit.

I was even able to corral the stocking meat guy for 20 minutes and talk price on cases etc. I must have done a good job because he started quoting me on 10 cases of meat. I had a hard time keeping a straight face but it was well worth the trip.

I don't know about anyone else, but I also noticed that the prices on large spice bottles are also great. I didn't realize until I started smoking every weekend how much rub spices I would be going through. Sam's spices are at least 1/2 the price of my local grocery store.

Relating to another thread that I posted, Madison's Sam's still has Kingsford 48# packs for roughly $10.

thanks all
Troy

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Wow! Costco is unbelievible in their pricing!

I needed some meat for the weekend for a big tailgate party...

Ready for this?

Spareribs - $1.49 PER POUND !!!
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>I got all excited...ran to Costco here in NY for my BB's for this weekend...
end result...$3.49/# and spares weren't much cheaper /infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

Randy,

That is really wierd... we can buy spares out at Costco for like $1.79 per pound right out of the meat aisle.

I am suprised that there was that much difference between East and West coast Costco meat prices.

Troy,

Keep jawing with the meat guy. It will pay off in the long run.

I have had meat guys give me the case price on several different cuts when I only bought 10-20 pounds of it.

The guy at Costco gave my father case price on tri-tip and he only bought like 20lbs. A case of tri-tip is around 70lbs.

Thanks for the advice Spyro,

I figure I'll be out to Sams every two weeks and will make a point of saying hello

Troy

Here's a little math I did based on the three racks of spares I did last week:

Rack #--Price/lb.--Wt.-----Net Wt. After Trimming
1-------$1.69------3.97----2.06
2-------$1.69------4.21----2.12
3-------$2.29------3.62----1.81

Yes, literally half of each pack's weight was scraps packed under the racks or what I trimmed off myself. So, for each of these St. Louis-trimmed racks, I paid $3.26, $3.35, and $4.58, respectively, per pound for the privilege of trimming them. This week, I took a closer look at the spares at the high-end grocery I frequent for the extensive wine selection-- they had already-trimmed spares on sale for $2.69/lb, and no scraps or breast bones buried under the racks in the packs. /infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

In Florida...

All food that is eaten with teeth is cheaper than any custard or food to be eaten with dentures!!!

Ha.. ha ha...

Super Wal-mart Brisket 1.19lb

Butts (bj's) 1.99lb

baby backs (bj's) 2.99lb

Western Washington--I paid $1.39 for spares(three racks in a cryovac bag 13#--Swifts) at Cash and Carry 2208 136th Pl in Bellevue this weekend and I didn't have time to shop around but they had a huge selection of cryovaced meats in their deli section. I noticed 48# bags of charcoal for $11.15 When I get more time I will shop some more prices but they are a cash and carry wholesale grocery outlet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back