Meat, it's whats for dinner

Funny this topic came up... I met with a grocery/deli owner this morning about serving my BBQ in his place. "It's a go"!. High traffic (really high), great visibilty store in a major growth area with little food establishments nearby. He has plenty of room, refrigeration, sinks, etc. Will start out on weekends and see how it goes, probably after the first of the year.

Way to go Stu!

Let us now how things progress as they do progress, if there are any tips and tricks you fall into or out of, let us have them too!

Keri C there is a lot of wisdom in what you say. It is somehow finding that draw.

That is great news Stu.

Along the same lines I have an idea brewing. A friend of my dad has a Q restraunt I guess that is what you would call it. I don't think that is what I would call it. It is called old hickory. His signature is ribs. No smoke just cooked in an oven for 4 hours. He came out to my place a couple of times this year to get ribs. He told my dad with my ribs and his sauce my ribs blew out his ribs. I was thinking he could offer smoked ribs and let me smoke them for him. I just don't know how the best way to do something like that would be.

What I mean is smoke them for 2 hours and take them off or take them closer to being done. Maybe go by temp to 165 then take them off. He could then finish them in his oven when reheating. Thoughts-Reccomendations?

Konrad did you post those potato's in the forum? I will have to check. It seems like I did see those there. The beans and danny's garlic cole slaw were a hit this year. I had people come in for just those 2 items. Here is a link to the slaw recipe. along with others.

I checked out his question area months ago and someone was asking about a hamburger he made for a while at his restaraunt. He said that he put onions in the burgers and that was what made them so juicy. I got the bright idea to use onions in my meatloaf. All I can say is what a difference. I have been making meatloaf that way since. I just dropped the onion powder out of chris's recipe and diced some onions up instead. Around half of a medium onion is what I used.

Miss Keri you are my hero. If I ever start thinking about ...just shoot me! Now for those who are well suited, I salute you.

Back