Me and my bright ideas....pulled pork for a crowd question(s)

Earlier this summer I made pulled pork for my brother's grooms dinner. We were expecting 30 people and also wanted leftovers. I got 6 boneless shoulders from Costco, around 7.5 pounds each. Started my 18.5" WSM at 7 PM, meat on at 8 PM. Smoked 225-250 with hickory and water in the pan for 20 hours. Needed to refill charcoal a couple times. We completely disassembled the smoker once to get rid of all the ash buildup and improve airflow.

Final product rested in a cooler for 2 hours before pulling and placing into a roaster on warm. Leftovers were bagged and refrigerated, then vacuum packed the next day.

The worst part was tying all the shoulders with butchers twine. They really hacked the bones out of these. Costco only has boneless, Sams Club has bone in. Definitely get the bone-in shoulders. Saves a ton of time and aggravation.

The Renowned Mr. Brown recipe is my favorite. I use all hickory wood. It turns out nice with the mop but usually it is so much of a pain I just spritz with apple juice or apple cider vinegar. The carolina red sauce is a must. Love the vinegar based sauces!

This came out wonderful! Everyone loved it! I will post more details tomorrow, thanks again for your advice!

Back